“Excellent Coffee Experience”

True Confections Asheville
Ranked #14 of 38 Coffee & Tea in Asheville
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Visited this coffee shop on a hot day looking for iced coffee. Bailey and Nick, the two coffee baristas, prepared an excellent caramel mocha iced coffee, even though it was off menu. They were most pleasant to deal with, and I had the best iced coffee I’ve had in ages! Would highly recommend this place.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

I keep hearing how tough it is to make it in the Asheville food industry. How this place is still open is beyond me. The scone was so dry and crumbly I couldn't eat it. It had to have been two or three days old, if not more. The worst part of the experience though, was the owner. She was just plain rude and condescending to me, and I have no idea why. Needless to say I'll not be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I was staying across the street in a hotel and decided to try this place. When I went in I found half of 2 cakes and 1 pie that looked like they had been in the case for weeks. I decided against getting any and tried a coconut macaroon that was hard as a rock. My husband got a cookie that was not tasty either. Very disappointed in this place.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank car0lina1980
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Amidst the many downtown fine coffee shops and desert bakeries, True Confections stands out as an unsung hero. It is an absolute Asheville treasure tucked inside an unassuming store front in the Grove Arcade. There are many choice of cakes, pies, and breakfast pastries although the Italian cream cake is without a doubt one of the best cakes I have ever had. TC's coffee is to die for as well.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

There's a sign on the door that says "Best Ice Coffee in Asheville", and I would actually agree with that. However, I chose a long time ago not to ever give them another dime of my money. Not only have I witnessed numerous times the owner belittling and berating her employees in front of customers, (which would explain the revolving door of baristas) but I have also been belittled and talked down to myself as well. The owner is constantly makes snide, condescending remarks to me and my co-workers. She has eavesdropped on our conversations and interjected her own unwelcomed, elitist opinions. It is obvious that, for whatever reason, she has no respect for me, my co-workers, or her employees.
Ultimately, while her food and coffee may be good, I'm not going to financially support someone who treats people (including paying customers) with such disrespect. My dignity is worth more than her $2 cup of coffee.

Date of visit: July 2017