“Beautiful Retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Mountain Laurel
Open kitchen, living dining area Modern kitchen upscale appliances
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Mountain Laurel
Open kitchen, living dining area
Modern kitchen upscale appliances
Large open master bedroom with ensuite bath
Second bedroom opens to private deck
Family room with 47 inch flatscreen and DVD
Enjoy your meals on the deck
Mountain Laurel side view Windows everywhere
Relax on our newly expanded deck and enjoy the views.
My garden gnome will watch over you
The views are really this good - I took this photo myself
Entrance to Gateway Mountain
Here's looking at you!  This deer was in our driveway.
The view in the clouds
Visit the Biltmore
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Wendi L
“Beautiful Retreat”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This is a beautiful home. I stayed with my parents, my husband, and my 2 children. The home has been equipped with thoughtful touches such as soaps, lotions, pantry items, coffee, laundry detergent, etc. There were games, puzzles, movies, and books. The view is gorgeous! Be warned though, the drive to get to the home is STEEP! We were in a minivan and did fine (in a lower gear). If you stay you should make sure you walk up the mountain-there is a tree swing near the top and blackberry bushes along the road. It took us about 35-40 minutes to drive to the Biltmore and downtown Asheville.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: All the beautiful windows, the deck, and the view!
Liked least: Only 1 shower. Master bath is a jetted tub--nice, but with 6 people 2 showers would have been nice.
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
7 Aug 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review - it is much appreciated. Tim and I are glad you enjoyed the property. When we first bought the house, the drive up intimidated me a little too - we are from Florida after all - now I don't even think about it. You should see it in the fall - spectacular!
Jessica20...
Dayton, Ohio
“Great views but not for everyone”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Overall, we had a great long weekend in this cabin outside of Asheville. It was a bit of a drive, more than 30 mins to downtown Asheville, but we enjoyed the downtown area and the zoo. I would definitely recommend both LAB for lunch/dinner and The Blackbird for brunch. Like others said, the drive up the mountain is steep, but not impossible. The directions Lynne provided were spot on. If you are planning on bringing more than one car, you would need to let her know in advance so she can leave more than one gate opener. This was not a huge problem for us, but it was a little bit of an inconvenience. Lynne was quick to answer her phone and offer to help, which I appreciated. Things to know: THERE IS ONLY ONE SHOWER. Yes, there are two full baths, but one only had a tub. Also, one of the bedrooms has an open ceiling, so that any and all sound made in the kitchen or on the stairs can be heard by those sleeping in the upstairs bedroom. There were no curtains in the lower bedroom or in the upper living area- I would not want to cover up the view, either!- but if you were to sleep on the pull-out couch, it would be quite bright in the am. These are not huge problems, but because we were four adults traveling with small kids, it was not ideal. Things we loved: the fully-stocked kitchen, even with salt, pepper, coffee, filters, etc. The huge porch and the VIEW!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: The views and coziness of the cabin
Liked least: the fact that there was only one shower and that the master was not sound-proof.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
22 Apr 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review - it is much appreciated. I believe you meant to say that there is only one shower - there are 2 tubs one of which is a whirlpool.
FL
Reviewed 13 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
13 Mar 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your visit and we hope you can come again.
NC
Reviewed 20 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway
Ms
Reviewed 21 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

A romantic getaway
21 Nov 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and Tim and I are glad you enjoyed Mountain Laurel. We look forward to hosting you again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing