“Asheville 101”

Gray Line Trolley Tours
Ranked #17 of 66 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Hop on board one of Gray Line's nostalgic trolleys for a fully narrated journey, highlighting the history, homes and hot-spots of this "city of surprises." Hop-On and hear the story of a city rich in architecture, history and the arts...Hop-Off and experience it's eclectic shops and galleries; its world class culinary and craft brew scenes. It's fun and informative! Join us and see why we are Asheville's Most Sightseeing Tour!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Our trolley tour guide Tom was very knowledgeable about the history and architecture of Asheville. We choose to stay on the trolley and not hop on and off at the various stops because Tom was so informative. I would definitely recommend this for a first time visitor to Asheville.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 678)
All reviews
"city tour"
in 27 reviews
"different areas"
in 16 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 28 reviews
"history lesson"
in 17 reviews
"visited asheville"
in 20 reviews

169 - 173 of 1 678 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Strongly suggest taking their "On Off Tour (2 days)... Study their stops guide for your points of interests and use both days to visit those spots. Tour Guides add so much to your understanding of the area and the history!!! Must do!!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We love hop on hop off tours. We take them in any city they are offered. NONE I repeat NONE have tour guides as good as Micheal and Uncle Ted. They were the absolute best! Uncle Ted had us laughing from the beginning to the end. Michael is a professional storyteller and is very funny as well. Their stories and information were so entertaining, almost forgot we were learning history. Loads of information and fun facts. If you go to Asheville check to see if one or both of these drivers are scheduled. Worth double the money with these rascals giving the tour! Thank you to both!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My friend and I hopped on the tour with Brian (Bryan), sorry don't remember the correct spelling. He was hilarious and very informative during our tour. I learned a lot about Asheville. This was my first trip to Asheville and I loved it. I laughed a lot and thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the sites he showed us. I'll be back in July with my family and I plan to take this your with them.
Thanks.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Having experienced hop-on/hop-off services in many areas, we can say that this one was the best we've taken. The stops were very timely according to their schedule, the drivers were friendly and very knowledgeable about the area, able to give fascinating narratives during our tour around the city. We took advantage of hopping off at several sites and always met the next trolley easily. Well done!