other travellers have booked this property

Review of Asheville Paradise

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Scott L
“Really?”
Reviewed 14 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Several months of planning went into our Asheville get-away to celebrate a friend's good health after a tough year. Six of us, all around 50, overpacked both clothes and bourbon for our mountain retreat. Except for Paul. He only had one outfit.
Excited for our weekend of grilling, hiking and kayaking, we received a bit of a curveball when the owner emailed us two days before departure to inform us that she would be spending two of the three nights with us in her efficiency apartment in the basement and to leave room in the driveway so she could get by.
REALLY??
Well as the one in the group who plays nice until, I fired off an email to the owner, as well as leaving her a voicemail, to let her know this was not what we signed up for and that we were not happy.
Yes, six men with way too much bourbon probably needed a babysitter, but this was so unprofessional in our opinion. Even more so that she did not respond to either of my messages.
And even double more so with the realization that I think she may have seen me in my underpants struggling near the front door to locate my aspirin as she zipped by out of the driveway next morning.

In conclusion, I will and would not rent from this owner again. The cabin IS nice, but it could use a little TLC around the property. We could not get the wifi to work. The tv was way too small for 6 men to watch Auburn lose and Ohio State win. Frowny face, smiley face. A charcoal grill with no charcoal.
The owners "Rule Book" was certainly not from the hospitality seminar she missed.
And in the spirit of complete honesty, Shawn broke the coffee pot and bought a new one and I hit the Bourbon Tour a little hard the first night and caused us to scratch hiking and skeet shooting from the agenda. And to be seen in my underpants.

Asheville Rocks!! Plenty of other great cabins to pick from.

And God Bless Tony.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
27 Nov 2016
Scott,
I'm sorry that your experience was so affected by my one night stay in my apartment downstairs. Of the many travelers over the years, yours is the first bad review I have ever received. Perhaps your experience was colored through the lense of too much Bourbon. Yes, there are many cabins to choose from and in the future, I suggest you choose another one for your stay in Asheville.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$250
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing