“Something Seriously Wrong”

Chesapeake Bay Farms
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Berlin
Reviewed 28 June 2018

After seeing some ads about this place, my family decided to take a trip from Accomack County, Va (about an hour and a half away) to visit. We assumed that the ice cream and service would be similar to Chincoteague's delicious Island Creamery and that we'd see a buccolic farm setting and a cute gift shop. My mother even brought along a cooler with the intention of bringing home some ice cream. Judging from most of the reviews I see here, something was apparently horribly wrong and unusual the day we visited. It was a total rip-off. First of all the young man who was the only person in the store did not even greet us and seemed totally bored and uninterested. My mother asked him about the peach trees she saw in the distance, and he acted as if she had asked him about Mars--no clue or interest in responding. Ice cream?? One case was totally empty and the other had only dregs of a few flavors of unremarkable or downright bad ice cream. My father had a peach cone and said the peach chunks were horrible. My own caramel fudge was not as good as supermarket brands. The lack of friendliness, lack of merchandise, and high prices for inferior quality all assure that we will never go back. By the way, my aunt and I each bought a 16 oz jar of pickled corn and later realized that we had been charged ELEVEN dollars for it. Absolutely incredible (of course there was no price on the jars, but we assumed they cost the same as the other jarred products there. If this place was good the day other visitors were there, it sure wasn't when we went or else our taste buds and expectations are more demanding. It was a wasted drive and a disappointment all around.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 24 June 2018

A great local dairy store with great ice cream and fresh seafood to go. They will give samples and go out of their way to be helpful.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 12 November 2017

while looking for a high quality cut of beef I found Chesapeake, they sell grass feed beef and home made ice cream, great place.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Delicious ice cream. Seriously. DELICIOUS! They have lots of unique flavors. I've eaten an overwhelming amount of ice cream in my life, theirs is my favorite. Super creamy. Outstanding quality. Milk from their own dairy cows. I love the Beans and Cream, It's coffee ice cream with chocolate chips and espresso beans= sounds good, but tastes better. Get a freshly made waffle cone for a dollar more, you won't regret it.
Visible from RTE 50 on the way to Ocean City. Hours change seasonally. They also sell fresh seafood, milk, cheeses, jellies and meats.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Chesapeake Bay Farms was our sixth stop on the Maryland Ice Cream Trail, and we actually planned a weekend at Ocean City so we could get ice cream here. Definitely really good ice cream. Waffle cones were not holding up well, so we were eating rapidly to make up for the warm temps outside. There wasn't much to see or do here (compared to stops one through five on our trail), but we did appreciate the swings in the shade of a nice big tree. Rocky Road for me, and it was definitely delicious. Wife had the Chocolate Banana Chip, also good. Daughter and granddaughter had Cookies and Cream, and also very good. Nice, creamy texture, not gritty.

Almost three hours on the dot to get here... Guys, PLEASE stock your restroom with all the necessary stuff.

Date of visit: August 2017