“Lunch (Or Not)”

Fins Ale House and Raw Bar
Ranked #9 of 68 Restaurants in Berlin
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: Fins is a full service restaurant that features an awesome raw bar, fresh seafood, delicious drinks, and a great selection of craft beer. Come see us!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We stopped in to tour Berlin and ate lunch at Fins Ale House and Raw Bar. My husband got a salad with grilled shrimp and I got a chopped salad. There was no difference in our salads whatsoever, except he paid extra to have the grilled shrimp. I felt for $10, the price was ridiculous for the size of the salad. My husband paid another $11 to have shrimp put on top of his. The shrimp were grilled perfectly (there were five of them and he gave me one), but with a couple of beers and a tip, these two salads cost us nearly $50. We were still hungry so we walked across the street and got an ice cream at the Creamery. That was the best part of this lunch.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I've been here twice now and I think it is hit or miss. My latest visit was for lunch and it was not crowded on a summer Saturday. The service was great, but the food was so so. The last time some our meals were good, others were not. I really enjoyed a fresh beet salad, but something as basic as crab dip wasn't delicious. The already salty tortilla chips were dusted with seasoning making them too salty to even enjoy the dip. I'll probably try it again because I've only had a few menu items so far.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I don't know what happened to the food at Fins in Berlin last Saturday. There were several of us and for some unfortunate reason, the food was truly not good. The sides were cold and unseasoned, (could not eat). Tthe fried oysters were lacking in flavor and uncooked, the oysters rockafeller were also undercooked and watery, the other main courses were completely uneventful and most food was left uneatened. Waitress was nice but that's all I can say. I'm not picky nor were our friends. I also never write a food review but this experience warrants a review.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Assateague state park campground. Good sea food (I had shell fish pasta, husband had flounder oscar both were great), good craft brewery beer, and we could bring our dog along to sit in the outdoor dinung.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I usually scope out where I want to eat at and this place did not disappoint at all. The personable service that we received was fantastic, the food...a half pound of black Angus meat cooked right with fresh tomatoes and crispy tater tots. The best part of the meal? Dessert of course...if you are a fan of key lime pie, then this is the place...unlike traditional pie crust, this was made with coconut flakes, the lime was tart but not overly sweet, one of the best I have ever had. Sorry, no photo as I devoured it.