All reviews great falls national park two bedroom suite omelet station giant grocery store free shuttle full kitchen full service hotel each morning mclean area tysons corner extended stay definitely stay here again rooms are large wonderful hotel the hotel offers breakfast buffet called the front desk
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

This was a very nice hotel.
We found all the hotels in the area to be more expensive than expected but the s very nice. The complementary beverages and dinner on Monday-Wednesday is a nice extra. This was a very quite hotel—nice and relaxing.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I'm a business traveler--I travel a great deal, normally 3 out of 4 weeks/month. I love the Staybridge Suites in McLean because it's close to Tysons, where I work, but far enough out to be residential. It's in a peaceful, quiet neighborhood, with plenty of parking and restaurants near by. The beds are comfortable and the suite size rooms allow me to work, watch TV, and make a dinner in the room (full kitchen) without eating out every night. I'm not sitting on a bed watching TV, eating fast food for dinner. I've stayed here multiple times, and I'm looking forward to the fall, when they light up the fireplace. It's very homey to come in from the crisp Fall evenings to their evening "snack" and the fireplace.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DiveCuda59
Reviewed 4 September 2018

My teenage daughter and I traveled to McLean for surgery with Dr. Ducic. Let me just say, this is a wonderful property and such a great place to stay no matter the occasion of travel. They offer free breakfast, drinks and a light dinner meal. The service was so friendly and helpful. Walking distance to several restaurants and pharmacies. They also offer a free shuttle service to anywhere within the distance of 5 miles. After my daughters surgery, Mohammed drove the shuttle to pick us up which was so very helpful. He obtained a wheelchair and took her personally up to our suite. Haze, the on duty manager went above and beyond. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff here and the service. They truly care. We will return in three months and look forward to seeing this wonderful group of hardworking individuals!

Room tip: Free breakfast, super clean, quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 150jillm
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here over the years and I have the distinct impression that the Staybridge’s management has gotten complacent. I do not intend to return, and I regret not staying at the new Marriott Residence Inn just down 123 in Tyson’s Corner.

As reflected in other reviews, the WiFi at the hotel is terrible, and caused us to incur hundreds of dollars in data overage charges. You may think you are connected to WiFi, but it very frequently bumps you out, reverting to your phone’s data. I raised this issue with Jonathan the supervisor, who seemed surprised by my claim. He then informed me, with smug self-satisfaction, that he has unlimited data for his phone. He also noted how the connection worked fine if one used a hard line cable to connect to the internet. (Gee, thanks!). When I raised other concerns regarding the unhelpful, intransigent response I received from another manager (Hazel) after my parked car was hit in the parking lot by another long term hotel guest, I was informed that the hotel gets high scores for customer service, which apparently invalidates my experience in his eyes. I raised all of this with Tim, the general manager, who lent a validating, sympathetic ear and then proceeded to do nothing.

A few other examples of management issues - there are only 3 lounge chairs by the pool that aren’t broken. Never mind that they’re plastic and should have some sort of cushion and don’t, the majority of the lounges have broken rear props, which means that you can’t sit up and can only lie flat.

Housekeeping was very inconsistent- two weeks into our 4 week stay, we received a box of tissues. In those weeks, we received replenishment of body lotion only a few times. Yet the bars of soap, which went unused, stacked up. I recognize that the housekeeping issues were minor, but they are indicative of a larger management issue at this hotel.

I regret opting for an IHG affiliated hotel, when there are better Marriott properties in the area. Lesson learned.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I recently visited Washington, DC and McLean, Virginia, and stayed at the Staybridge Suites for four days. My suite was extremely comfortable, well appointed, immaculate and had everything that I needed to make my business stay successful. I was there meeting with my editing team to publish a book, and although I work on PC, the several Mac computers with generous supplies and ink were all that I needed. I was happy (and relieved) that I could easily access my Google drive, as well as print my entire book in time for the needed sessions with my editors. Breakfast was included each day... it was fine. As well, the Staybridge Suites included a satisfactory dinner on three nights of the week - I wasn't expecting this. This nice bonus gave me an extra six hours to work on my book, rather than going out to dinner at any of the nearby excellent restaurants. Thanks, Staybridge! -- Lise A.

Room tip: I was on the fourth floor... it overlooked a pretty courtyard and swimming pool with lots of trees and greenery...nice and quiet.
Date of stay: July 2018