5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$206
RiverCanyonLodgeUS$206
FindHotelUS$206
Trip.comUS$213
Orbitz.comUS$206
TraveluroUS$262
All reviews in town fridge and microwave hot tub front desk clerk coffee maker lobby lodge parks sink arches rates canyonlands
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2019

I stayed at the River Canyon Lodge on a very busy Friday and Saturday night in October. There was a huge traffic jam getting into town - lasting a good 40 minutes. When we arrived at the hotel, there was a line ahead of us, most likely frustrated travelers stuck in this backup. The lady first in line could not find her reservation as Carol, the desk clerk, tried tirelessly to help her. Finally, the lady stepped aside to look in her computer for the reservation. Carol moved folks through the check-in process efficiently, patiently and graciously. When I got to my room, there was a small cleaning issue. I returned to the front desk, where another line was forming. When I finally moved to the front of the line, I explained to Carol that I needed maid service. Carol immediately and, again, very graciously gave me a new room. It had been a long travel day. Carol's immediate assistance and understanding was much appreciated. Thank you, Carol. I would definitely return to the River Canyon Lodge.

Reviewed 6 November 2019

We recently stayed here while on a RoadScholar trip. We found the accommodations to be comfortable and the lodge to be in a good location for shopping on Main Street. This hotel does not have breakfast, but our RoadScholar tour paid for this at the Moab Diner. River Canyon does have coffee and tea in the main lobby (and the hot water for tea is genuinely HOT). My chief complaint with the establishment is their WiFi which is poorly lacking. We were not the only ones to notice this. I can live without a 'free' breakfast (especially since the Moab Diner is five star), but there is no excuse to have adequate WiFi in this day and age. If WiFi is unimportant to you, I would recommend this lodging as an option. If not, look elsewhere.

Reviewed 25 October 2019 via mobile

Our stay here was less than spectacular. The place is very dated and in need of updating. Our room was tiny and not comfortable. The photos on this site don’t show how small the one-bed rooms are. Hardly any room to move around. We didn’t sleep well at all any of the nights we stayed here. Walls are very thin so when other guests got up early for tours, the opening and closing doors could be heard throughout the building. Something to be aware of if you are a light sleeper or want something quieter. The woman at the front desk was rude when we checked in and we felt like we were inconveniencing her by being there. A little customer service training would go a long way.

Positives are the location was pretty good and the bathroom had hot water with good water pressure. Wouldn’t stay here again though, you can get a better place in Moab for about the same price. Hopefully they update the hotel to improve the guest experience for future travelers.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank zyx85321
Reviewed 16 October 2019

Very few times do I ever write reviews mainly because you have to be extremely bad for me to review it or extremely excellent and in this case Carol at the front desk was exceptionally wonderful when it can to helping me. She went above and beyond(in my opinion) to make sure that I got the help I needed. My car was stranded here in Moab, Utah and needed a place to stay. I called around and people here in this town seemed extremely snobby and unwilling to help so when I got ahold of Carol you can imagine the relief I felt to hear her calming voice. Her tone was very pleasant and her responses very attentive as she actively listened to me. She wasn’t seeing that I would be able to rent a room but instead of giving up she called the manager and found a room for me. I am constantly traveling across the United States and when ever I stop here in Moab I will make sure to always rent here! Thank you Carol for taking care of me. If this Hotel had 10 more employees like Carol this place would flourish.

Room tip: Relaxing environment, wonderful room lighting and soft beds.
Reviewed 6 October 2019

Be ready to get down on hands and knees, crawl behind the night stand, or, crawl under the desk to plug in anything. Really needs updating but good location. I’m sure management doesn’t know how rude and unskilled the front desk is.

Trip type: Travelled with family