Reviews (1 252)
1 252 results
All reviews union square cable car great location wine reception bush st free wine tasting every evening wine hour two blocks an older hotel continental breakfast bed was comfortable central location street noise rooms are small public transportation market street
178 - 183 of 1 252 reviews
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Two of us just spent three nights at the Executive Hotel Vintage Court and had a great stay. The room and bath are small, as is to be expected in a SF hotel in an old building, but they were comfortable and spotless. Requests for things such as extra towels were promptly filled. It struck us (one is a SF native) as good value for the cost. The only weak spot is that the room was hot and stuffy (we were on the top floor, as we had requested a quiet room, but we happened to hit SF's hottest weather of the year) and the AC/fan unit was too loud to keep running all night. It cooled very efficiently, but it was extremely noisy. I would absolutely stay here again, but at a cooler time of year.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Dear Rebecca: Thank you for the rave review. Our apologies for any noise from the window Air Condition unit in your room. I will have our maintenance team check up on the issue. Yet, as you stated, our hotel was built in 1912 and although quaint, air condition is a limited option for most buildings our age. you visited however during a peak heat wave where our hotel and the City of San Francisco experiences about 10 to 15 days only a year of heat above 80+ Fahrenheit / 26+ Celsius. Yet for some that may be timid heat but of our city its tropical with our water ways near by too. However, our hotel team is happy we could accommodate your stay and look forward to hosting your stay in the future too. Be sure to check our best rates via our Hot Escape Room Package online too.

Best regards,

Bill Engelhardt - General Manager

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

It was cute. Quiet. Nice front desk folk. Then I woke up to a bed bug on my pillow. They were also in the bathroom, about 5 in 4 minutes. We checked out imediately, because we had to make a flight but I would have left that second.

The management directed me to someone and promised compensation. We'll see if it happens. I haven't heard back yet.

I was traveling with my infant and now have to pay to get his car seat and stroller cleaned. Just praying that I haven't brought any home with me.

What a shame, I really liked it. Room was 317 in case you are staying here. Maybe ask for a different suite.

This is a nightmare.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank Melanie E

Dear Melanie, Thank you for our stay and our deepest apologies for the experience you had where a pest was found in your room. Our hotel team and pest control company was immediately called and a full extermination process was done the day and week after your departure. It is unfortunate, as you liked our hotel, yet these pests were carried in from a guest prior to your stay. Regarding treatments and reimbursements, our hotel has reached out to the booking source of your stay and I have already requested a full reimbursement of your stay, as well as any medical or cleaning updates that are requested. Our hotel and team also can issue to you some precaution measures to verify and insure no pests were carried with your personal items as well.

If you'd like to contact me for further details on any refunds or questions, please do so anytime at the hotel main phone line or by my email.

Again our apologies for the situation to have ever occurred during your stay and I hope to be able to insure closure to in the near future. Lastly, the hotel team and I want to make sure you and your family are safe and secure, and were able to travel home without any further complications.

Bill Engelhardt, General Manager

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Excellent location, close to trolley line and walkable to attractions. Hotel was comfortable with clean, updated rooms. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful with coordinating shuttle to airport along with suggestions of sights to see and places to eat. If visiting San Francisco again, I would book at Executive Hotel Vintage Court.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear Mary: thanks for the great review and appreciate that yo enjoyed your stay and services. If there is ever a need to come back check out our Escape rate on our website for best booking options.

All the best,

Bill Engelhardt, General Manager

Reviewed 23 September 2016

Very central for Chinatown ,Downtown and Union Square Lots of cafes around and the big stores at Union square Also handy for hop on and off bus Bedroom roomy with a lovely window seat Bathroom small but had bath and over bath shower Room very clean and bed was big and very comfortable small inset wardrobe Lobby are very nice but only continental breakfast in restaurant as it is being refurbished .However plenty of eating places around within a few minutes walk .Wine tasting every evening was a good touch An old building but well worth a stay

Stayed: September 2016
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Green CX:

Thank for the great feedback and our hteol team is happy you found your room stay to be pleasant. Seems you also were able to enjoy your visit to San Francisco and even mingle with our team during our wine reception.

Hope to see you again and tell your friends and colleagues too. Lastly for best rates check out our website for our HOT escape promotions.

Thanks again,

Bill Engelhardt

Reviewed 20 September 2016

This is an excellent hotel for the price (about half of nearby hotels) in San Francisco. It is clean, neat, and close to key areas downtown. The lion gates to Chinatown are a block away. Market Street is 2 blocks away. Staff were helpful and courteous. They even held our bags for us hours after we checked out so we could sight-see without dragging our bags around before going to the airport.

Room Tip: We were lucky to get a corner room. It has the most light and may be larger.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
gmvcsf, General Manager at Executive Hotel Vintage Court San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear Tim: Thank you for the recent review and your noted update to our good location, valued price point, and exceptional service too. I am happy you found our hotel while you visited San Francisco and if you ever return check out our packaged hot rate our website too!

All the best,