Reviews (4 009)
4 009 results
2 504
2 504
All reviewsnob hilllaurel courtgingerbread housebeautiful hoteltower roompresidents clubtonga barrooftop gardenclassic hotelmain buildingwalk in closetcable car linesroom servicegrace cathedralbeautiful lobbyunion squarecoit tower
171 - 176 of 4 009 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It's not often that conferences I attend are held in exquisite settings, so it was with great pleasure that I recently spent a few days at the Fairmont. The hotel is quite beautiful, and attending panels and sessions in such a lovely setting put a special polish on the experience. The location is terrific, and my teen had no trouble entertaining herself in the city while I attended to business. On breaks between events I thoroughly enjoyed the garden and watching the beekeepers at work. The Fairmont is most definitely on my list of places to stay when I return to San Francisco for leisure travel!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Chasewell
FairmontSF, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with your family! Thank you for taking the time to share this kind feedback and for detailing your visit. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you here again soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We are avid fans of Fairmont properties in fact it is the only place we stay in Toronto. The Fairmont San Francisco is an immaculate property that we enjoyed very much. The staff are very friendly including the front desk, concierge, room service and the valet/door personnel. My suggestions are this: The Laurel Court has a very limited menu with only two choices of beer. I feel there should be at least as many choices as you offer in the other restaurants in the hotel or the mini bar in the room. As the prominent restaurant of the hotel located basically in the hotel lobby, I feel the limitations of the menu are below Fairmont standards. Also, as guests of the hotel there should always be the availability to make a reservation at the Tonga restaurant. Fairmont is a premier property with premium pricing. We travel frequently for both business and personal, we also accept paying premium prices for premium amenities. It was just a take away for us to hear that at certain times reservations were not offered. Again, as guests of the hotel that should always be extended. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018

If you like grand old hotels, they don't get much grander than this, marble columns and all. But there are downsides as well. The room itself was classic Fairmont—elegant and understated, with a very comfortable bed (though not quite as comfortable as the ones at the Claremont Hotel). The customer service was great, as at every Fairmont. But there are some things about the building they just can't fix. The air conditioning fan was pretty noisy. The bathroom is cramped by modern luxury hotel standards, without the standalone shower that is common these days. The toilet bowl continued refilling after flushing until I pulled up on the handle. Opposite the small bathroom there is a huge closet/makeup room with a mirror, table, and bench, which is basically wasted space. There is a shortage of electrical outlets—enough to get by, but you have to look around the room. (The lamps have built-in outlets, but one of the USB ports was dead.)

The worst thing is that the building is just not soundproofed well. I was on the fourth floor, over Mason Street, and the sounds of people shouting below were crystal clear. Anyway, the hotel is about as good as it could be given the building.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed a quick getaway to celebrate our three year anniversary. The amazing staff upgraded our room to one of the Farallon Suites that had the most amazing views of the city and wonderful high end touches (Nespresso machine, dining area, telescope, Le Labo amenities, etc.) on top of welcome champagne and strawberries. The hotel has the historic elegance that separates itself from other San Francisco properties. We will be sure to return each and every time we get to come back to one of our favorites cities and recommend it to everyone! Thank you again San Francisco Fairmont Team!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
FairmontSF, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Wow, thank you for this gracious review. We are so pleased to hear that we were able to help create a memorable stay. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Fairmont San Francisco and it exceeded my expectations. From the beautiful building of the hotel itself, the accommodations, and especially the employees such as Semuel at the front desk, the Fairmont hotels are still in a class of their own.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple