Reviews (3 285)
3 285 results
1 345
1 345
All reviewsserrano hotelunion squaretenderloinhomeless peoplewine receptionrooms are smallan older hotelmini barcorner roombusiness centerfew blocksconvenient locationking bedmarket streetaround the cornerbart stationvalet parking
117 - 122 of 3 285 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Spero. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are newly renovated and very comfortable. We stayed on the 15th floor, and had a great view of the city. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I'm a city boy so for me the location didn't bother me. People complain about the homeless, but hey .. you're in a big city what do you expect? The hotel was great. Staff was great. Room was clean bed was super comfortable. I have no complaints definitely will stay there again

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Pearl T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Spero, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

orozco249a, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your kind comments and honest feedback are very much appreciated. Thank you for choosing Hotel Spero; we look forward for your return next time your adventures bring you back to San Francisco.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I went to SF for Pride and chose Hotel Spero after doing much research. I was very happy with EVERYTHING! I had a renovated room and it was fabulous. Some people mentioned it being in a sketchy area but I didn't find that at all. It was walking distance to the parade and shopping. I have absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Recently remodeled, this historic hotel is charming & old. The historic lobby is charming.

The rooms aren’t overly large, but have all the basic comforts.

The beds are very comfy & rooms are very clean.

Location is blocks from union square shopping & about a mile from financial district & piers.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Very fustating being told about a hotel/resort fee of $34/night upon check out. I booked through Priceline and there was no warning upon booking. No one told me when I checked in. I wish I would have been told prior to checking in as I would not have stayed here. The price is no cheaper than other hotels in the area when this fee is applied. Will not be staying here again and will be discouraging others to as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Pearl T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Spero, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Ty, thank you for sharing this review with us. We apologize for any confusion of the Urban Fee. We are very diligent to be sure this information is listed on our hotel website, as well as all third party booking sites. Our Urban Fee is inclusive of the following: high speed WiFi Internet access throughout hotel; Fitness Center Access including our Peloton Bikes; coffee & tea in the lobby daily from 06:00am – 10:00am. We are constantly adding to the benefits. Again, we apologize for any confusion; we will follow up with our team to make sure our guests are aware of the fee at the time of booking. And we hope that you will give Hotel Spero another chance in your future travels to San Francisco.