“Exceptional Birthday Dinner!”
Review of Terzo

Terzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Terzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #488 of 5 982 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$21 - US$45
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Marina District
Cross street: Union Street
Transit: 22 Filmore & 45 Stockton
Description: Terzo, meaning third in Italian, and connoting a third place to gather and share food & wine, was inspired by our travels around the Mediterranean. After running Rose Pistola and Rose's Cafe successfully for years, we wanted to bring an authentic, upscale, European neighborhood restaurant to Cow Hollow. Terzo is a beautiful combination of modern and cozy. Our chefs create food inspired by the coastal regions around the Mediterranean Sea, sourced from our bountiful local farms and ranches. The menu consistes of daily changing small and large plates, with many vegetarian options. The eclectic and diverse wine list is attractively priced, draws from regions all over the world, and is designed to pair perfectly with the cuisine. Please join us for an exceptional neighborhood dining experience and your private dining needs.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My family, friends and I celebrated my 38th Birthday with Terzo, Being a concierge myself and having been to many great restaurants you can trust me when I say It was Indeed Excellent! It's all about flavor ambiance! Staff were kind and knowledgeable. David the manager made sure we had a lovely table next to the fire place, Great touch David thank you!
If and when you plan to have dinner here you must try the "Baked Polenta" its a winner! The "braised Pork Shoulder with Cabbage" was amazing as well.
Thank you Thank you "TERZO" for making my 38th a fabulous one!

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

My second time there... same great service and amazing food. The range of tastes in the small plates are great. Wine selection super...

Will be back.

Laurie T, Owner at Terzo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Hi Rick, Thanks so much for your review and feedback! We are glad you had a good experience. Best, Laurie

Reviewed 26 January 2018

My wife, son, and I enjoyed a wonderful meal here last Friday evening. Our waiter suggested 2-3 small plates for each of us to share. We ordered six items, a bottle of nice red wine, one dessert, and went away very content. The standouts were the cauliflower soup, the rock fish in papillote, and the bruschetta, but each dish was very good. The place was empty when we arrived at 5:30 but was packed when we left at 7:00. The food was excellent and the service was great. We'll be back.

1  Thank MauriceTheTourGuide
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Pros: Good and varied assortment of items on menu, great quality food, causal and modern atmosphere
Cons: Can be a bit crowded as it's a popular restaurant, even on weekdays

I met an ex-colleague of mine for dinner. Usually I choose an entree for dinner and that is it, but the selection of small plates was so intriguing that we just decided to order a bunch of appetizers and share. The food was excellent, well presented in good sized proportions. In particular we enjoyed the calamari, chicken spiedeni and roasted vegetables

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Terzo was a friend's choice and I'm glad to say we were pleasantly surprised with how good it turned out to be. I don't fancy $$$ places as the food usually is not up to the mark or price for that matter, but Terzo delivered, and it did that so well.

We had a booking for 4 at 8pm yesterday and the place was quite packed for a Monday night - not too shabby ;)

Place had dim lights (which I love) giving the ambience that romantic touch and was overall very neat and clean. Oh and they have gender neutral bathrooms - Super!

Food was spectacular really. Everything was nicely cooked, tasty and good quality. Between the 4 of us we shared small plates of:

- Hummus with house made pita $8.5
- Grilled Monterey Bay Calamari on a bed of lentils $14
- Tomato Braised Pork Meatballs $13.5
- Gnocchi Beef Bolognese on a bed of polenta $15
- Chicken Spiedini $14
- Flourless Chocolate cake $9.5
- 3 flavor ice cream scoops (vanilla, salted caramel and chocolate)

Allow me to start with the hummus - simply delicious. That pita was oh so good! Calamari lacked taste (but that's calamari though...) but the lentils were such a welcomed addition that I really enjoyed this dish. Meatballs were superb and what a smart combination with the polenta. Gnocchi were soft, reach and paired so well with the bolognese. Chicken spiedini was really nice too with chicken being soft and the green chutney had a nice kick to it :). Last but not least, the queen of the night had to be the flourless choco cake - so rich and yummy! I might just be back for this!

Service however wasn't the most pleasant. Nothing in particularly wrong with it, just not very friendly and warm so it definitely didn't add to our beautiful experience which is something I expect from a pricey place like this.

Definitely recommend for group dinners so that people can share different plates or a nice date night. Will be back!

Laurie T, Owner at Terzo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Heliana,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! We really appreciate getting the feedback and are glad you enjoyed your experience. I will definitely follow up with the service team - sorry that this wasn't as good as it should have been. Take care & thanks again, Laurie