“Fun way to see the sights”

GoCar GPS Guided Tours
Ranked #75 of 343 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: GoCar, the World’s First Storytelling CarFold up the map – put away the guidebook – and prepare for a city adventure you won’t soon forget! These clever yellow talking convertibles navigate for you, point out the sights, and tell you about the city’s culture and history. But that’s not all – your GoCar mobile tour guide has a personality and a human voice – it cracks jokes, recommends the good restaurants, and tells you the stories that bring the city to life. It’s like having a “local” give you a private guided tour.GoCar gives clear driving directions using GPS satellite technology. Just follow the friendly audio directions and relax!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Date of experience: June 2018
Tomas M, Guest Relations Manager at GoCar GPS Guided Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Write a ReviewReviews (1 246)
All reviews
"hour tour"
in 102 reviews
"the union square location"
in 27 reviews
"city tour"
in 12 reviews

164 - 168 of 1 246 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were so excited to try these cars to see San Francisco. We only had one whole day here so we knew we wanted to see a lot of things in a short time. What better then using these GoCars. We had used the one on Fisherman Warf. As soon as we arrived Aiofe took us in and made sure we were all set up and ready to go on these cars. She went through everything thoroughly so we understood everything. Our 4 year old was super excited he got to go in a go cart, it was a fun ride for him. We were able to see a lot of spots and covered a lot of land in the 2 hour tour. Thank you Aiofe for making sure our experience was a great one! Would highly recommend this to my clients as a must stop when in San Francisco.

Date of experience: June 2018

We appreciate the excellent review. We are glad to hear that our staff made your experience more memorable. The Go Car experience is definitely a unique way to see the city highlights.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Ok so I have been to San Francisco many times but never experienced seeing all the sights and places that the GPS tour led us too. Since they only go 30 mph it takes you on streets that aren’t too difficult to climb. We travelled down Lombard St and to the beaches and observation points with breathtaking views. It was so much fun. We took it for the entire day and used it for about six hours. It was slightly cold but a beautiful day. We took the insurance which we usually would never do but do recommend doing so even though we didn’t need it. Make sure before you leave you get a car I’m great shape. The vehicle we took was way noisier than others that stop at the locations we stopped at. Some of the vehicles could use some minor tuneups. I highly recommend doing this self guided GPS fun way to explore.

Date of experience: June 2018
Tomas M, Guest Relations Manager at GoCar GPS Guided Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for the excellent review. We do consider your comments to improve our experience. We are happy to hear you enjoyed yourself even though the weather was a bit on the colder side. In case you ever visit San Diego, we offer the GoCar experience there as well.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We booked our tour online and it said to get there 15 min early so we got there at 8:45. Whenever we got there the employee waved his fingers and said 9. Why get there early and wait in the blistering cold if you can't even go inside where your email states to get there 15 min early? So, we just walked down the pier until 9 and then checked in.

The check in process is all on a tablet. I feel like if you booked online most of your information should be saved already but you have to re-enter all your information again. Once you're finished with your check in process then you hand your drivers license to the employee so he can take a look at it. We bought the $19 Insurance. After we checked in we went to watch the video how to operate the GoCar.

It was a quick and short video. After we were done watching the video, we went to our GoCar. We had paid to get an upgraded tablet and GPS. When we asked the employee where our tablet was he said they were out. Ok? How were they out when we were the first ones to check in and then I saw the family of 4 that checked in after us with tablets?

Honestly, the tablet makes a huge difference because you have a digital map of where your destinations are and it should talk to you on the speaker. We had only a tiny Android that was connected to the GoCar. The audio was very staticky and then it was disconnected during our ride so that made us lost 4 times! It was truly such an inconvenience that they didn't give us the tablet. I called the hotline and they said could we turn back around. I stated "no I couldn't because we were half way through our tour already and we didn't want to get lost".

So during half of our ride I had to grab the Android and hold it up to my ear to hear where to go next because I'm more of a listener. They do give you a map but to be honest I'm not a huge map reader. So that was on me. It was truly disappointing because we did not get many pictures like we wanted to and hardly no videos because one: the driver was driving with both hands, two: I had to hold the phone to my ear and yell the directions, and last: I truly did not want to be lost.

The route we took we got there at 9 came back at 12. We originally bought the 2 hour tour and the kind employee upgraded us to the 3 hour tour so that was really kind of him, because honestly if you want some pictures and you want to stop you need longer than 2 hours.

The route was gorgeous. Our favorite stop was at the golden state bridge. The pictures we did take there were magnificent.

When we got back, I stated our complaints and they were kind enough to give us a 30% discount and reimburse us the $10 upgrade fee. I would still recommend this excursion because it was eventful and enjoyable, but it would've been 1000% better if you're a tourist and not familiar with the city to have the GPS and tablet. If you don't have the tablet, ok not needed but if you have the android make sure the audio works and speaks out loud to you.

TLDR; Fun excursion, GPS didn't work, but would do it again.

Date of experience: June 2018

We appreciate the feedback in regards to our tour. We are constantly upgrading our GPS features and are expecting in the future to have more tablet cars available for our customers. Audio issues related to volume levels do happen from time to time but we are glad you still were able to enjoy your tour. If you are ever in the city again, we will be more than glad to have you again.