“Great crab salad, clam chowder and Irish coffee of course ”
Review of Buena Vista Cafe

Buena Vista Cafe
Ranked #66 of 6 312 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Deli, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Went there by chance and did not regret it
Enjoyed the crab salad and the clam chowder with sour dough
Do no leave before you had an Irish coffee
Lovely view over the bay
Very friendly and efficient staff

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (2 276)

597 - 601 of 2 277 reviews

Reviewed 17 October 2016

This is my favourate place in the world for Irish Coffees and people watching. I have to go every time I'm in SF. Haven't eaten there but who needs food when you have Irish Coffees!

Reviewed 17 October 2016

We've seen this place on tv -- and it didn't disappoint. It's the best Irish coffee I've ever had. I don't like going to the same place on vacation (There's so much to see) but we went here 3 times. Just for coffee...we didn't even look at the menu -- but plenty of people were eating-it was packed.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

We heard about this San Francisco classic from family and couldn't resist trying out the Irish Coffee along with our breakfast. Well worth the visit. Full fare at great prices added to our wonderful service. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable when we asked about other highlights of the area. It has an interesting history with a welcoming atmosphere, all part of what has kept it running there for so many years in the same location. Short walk to the waterfront, at the end of the Powell Hyde cable car line. Definitely worth the Stop!

Reviewed 15 October 2016

This Cafe has always been crowded when I've tried to stop by to try the famous Irish Coffee. This trip I actually found a spot. And, yes, the coffee is good and probably a bit over priced. But I can check it off my list.

Date of visit: October 2016