“Decent wine bar”

Ranked #673 of 6 272 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The flights are reasonably priced and there is a good selection. You can mix and match cheese but I was unable to really get great answers or recommendations on which cheese to try. A few cheeses, two flights and two full glasses of wine including tip came to $130 for two people.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Great place to grab a glass or two after work. I know I'm not the only one to share that idea as it was wall to wall people when I stopped by. Decor is inviting and the wine list has some really intriguing selections. Staff works hard, but based on what I observed, they could use a few more of them to help during the rush; service was very slow. If you can grab a couch, consider yourself lucky; those are the prime (and most comfortable) seats in the entire place. My advice? Get to Hidden Vine early, grab a couch, order a glass (or five) of wine and enjoy the people watching and relaxed environment.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Good wine recommendations from staff, Carissa was most helpful. Plenty of choice by the glass, priced from $11-22. Enjoyed the salad and flat breads. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We were shown to the bar, because we weren't having a full dinner; we watched the bartender struggling to make 2 standard recipe drinks (i.e. simple cocktails) and 3 staff members passed us by without asking us if we needed anything. We left.

Danielle K, General Manager at Hidden Vine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hello,

I am sure you were not at The Hidden Vine as we do not have any spirits or make cocktails. We are beer and wine only so there is no way our bartenders would be making any sort of cocktail. We also do not serve full dinners. I am pretty sure you are thinking of a restaurant/wine bar around the corner from us. Sorry you had such a bad experience. We hope next time you are in town you come visit us.

Danielle

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Stopped here last week for for a glass of wine. The kitchen was closed, as it was late, but we got a small dish of almonds to snack on. The wine was wonderful! I did get a glass Overall, it was a great spot, and I would love to go back!