“Great cupcakes”

Ranked #116 of 143 Dessert in San Francisco
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Reviewed 23 May 2016

We stopped in for a treat after walking around the city. We ordered the samoa, the strawberry cheesecake, and Tiramisu cupcakes. They were great! We were all happy.

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Had an Oreo cupcake. It was very good. Nice balance of frosting and cake. Would return. Quick purchase, nice clerk. Ice cream option across the aisle.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

For a treat, i enjoyed a carrot cake cupcake from Cako Bakery. Service was friendly and good. This location of Cako Bakery is at the Metreon Center.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

I had a huge dilemma while walking into the Metreon--Cako Cupcakes were on the left and Cako Ice cream on the right?! As I went left...then back to the right...and after one look back to the left, I found myself ordering a scoop of Birthday Cake from the Cako Creamery! It tasted more like gelato then ice cream! I love Cako's cupcakes and now I will be addicted to thier ice cream..great. I need a treadmill!

Reviewed 11 August 2015

In the movie, "Five Easy Pieces" Jack Nicholson tries to order wheat toast. The waitress says it's against the restaurant policy, so he famously orders a chicken sandwich and tells the dingy waitress to, "hold the butter, lettuce, and mayonnaise." Then he tells her to hold the chicken too -- between her legs!
Yesterday we went to the movies at the Metreon. My husband wanted root-beer. They had it at the little Cako shop, in the form of a root-beer float. We asked if we could just have the root-beer. "No, we need it for our floats." So we asked if we could pay for a root-beer float, but just get root-beer. "No." So finally I asked if we could get 1/2 cup of root-beer, but pay for a root-beer float. The silly little lass had to go and check with her boss. Meanwhile my husband, no Jack Nickelson (thank god), just ordered a root-beer float, drank the root-beer and threw the rest away. He's a southern gentleman who hates to cause a fuss. I resisted urge to tell the little lass running the shop to hold the ice cream between her legs.