“Shrimp scampi sauce and crab cakes are delicious!”

Pier Market Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #232 of 6 311 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Groups, View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Embarcadero
Description: Voted Best Seafood in San Francisco by KRON 4 TV Best of the Bay, Pier Market is an authentic sustainable seafood restaurant where the locals go for the freshest local seafood in the city. Pier Market is family-owned and operated and one of the most popular dining destinations on Fisherman's Wharf. Pier Market has been selling San Francisco's freshest seafood since 1983. We feature Fresh, Mesquite-Grilled Fish and Meat, Dungeness Crab, Pastas, Steaming bowls of our Award-Winning Clam Chowder in Authentic Fresh Sourdough Bread Bowls. Enjoy watching our chefs at work in full view of our bustling open kitchen overlooking the San Francisco Bay, the PIER 39 sea lions and Alcatraz Island. We also offer al fresco dining on our wide-open patio.
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Crab legs, crab cakes and shrimp trio were very good. I wish they sold the scampi sauce separately because we were dipping everything into it! Tables have good view of pier.

Date of visit: September 2017
Nicole S, Manager at Pier Market Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the crab legs, crab cakes, shrimp and the shrimp scampi sauce. I agree it is great for dipping! It's great to hear you enjoyed the views of the bay and pier as well. We hope to see you again when in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 216)

406 - 410 of 2 216 reviews

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Very very very very good!!!
Good view, good food. excellent staff and special thanks for our waitress: she was very kind and she made an excellent show for everything.
Thanks for the experience.

Date of visit: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Nicole S, Manager at Pier Market Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Hi Carmen
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so happy to hear your loved your meal from the food and service, to the view. We appreciate you dining with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Food was great, view was amazing, service was pleasant and punctual....would definitely recommend!

I had the salmon and veggies, my wife had the blue cheese salad and we shared a bucket of clams

Date of visit: September 2017
Nicole S, Manager at Pier Market Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hi Charles,
Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed the salmon and that your wife enjoyed her blue cheese salad. I'm glad our staff took great care of you as well. I agree the view is pretty amazing! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Myself and my wife stopped off here on Wednesday the 20th September, on honeymoon from Ireland. The view is lovely from the bar, and it has a relaxed atmosphere! The reason I'm writing this review is that I want to say how wonderful your bartender is. We ordered a drink and some food. Two days later we returned and the same bar tender "Rosie"! remembered our drinks. I'm
Sure this place gets a lot of tourists so the fact she remembered us made us feel so honoured! Her skill and attention to her job was faultless! A true credit to your business. If ever we come back I'd definitely return.

Date of visit: September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We take repeat guests as the highest compliment! We're so thrilled to hear that our bartender took such great care of you and your wife on your honeymoon. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Our first day in San Francisco and began to get our bearings by walking Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf. Pretty touristy area which is not a compliment, but we where hungry and settled on the Pier Market. We were seated immediately and our server was spot on. My Fish & Chips were hot, crisp, and not overly greasy. My wife had a Caesar's Salad with Grilled Shrimp and enjoyed it. Décor here is a bit worn, but the food was good and the service was quick. Add in a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and iced tea and the total bill was $48.76 for two. Welcome to the price shock that is San Francisco. This restaurant is fine for grabbing lunch at Pier 39, but expand your restaurant search into the city for better restaurant choices.

Date of visit: September 2017
Nicole S, Manager at Pier Market Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for your review and for dining with us. It's great to hear our servers took good care of you. I'm glad you enjoyed your Fish & Chips and that your wife enjoyed her Caesar Salad with Shrimp as well. We hope to see you again soon when in the area.