“Cravings while exploring ...”
Review of We Be Sushi

We Be Sushi
Ranked #2 435 of 6 030 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Neighbourhood: Mission District
Reviewed 28 June 2018

While exploring the Mission District on foot, this little gem caught my eye and my cravings! Very friendly staff, average food. Generous helpings though, afterwards I was NOT hungry anymore. Recommended.

Reviewed 12 December 2017

This is where you go when you just need a sushi fix, but you don't need super fancy, expensive sushi. Just a little fish. And shrimp tempura, you gotta get an order of the shrimp tempura.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Once I discovered vegetarian sushi, I began looking more closely at sushi menus to see who actually offered more than tofu or cucumber maki. This is now one of my go-to Japanese restaurants since it offers salads, tempura, and noodles as well as veggie nigiri and maki. I love the eggplant nigiri, with the eggplant still warm from the grill. They also put up with my "no broccoli in the vegetable tempura" request without giving me a bad time. The restaurant is close to 16th Street BART and the Roxie Theater, which makes it super convenient to do dinner-and-a-movie.

Reviewed 29 September 2014 via mobile

Came here for dinner a bit in a rush and ordered the sushi dinner combo plus extra tuna&salmon rolls.
We really like the taste of those and we surprised by the eggplant ones.
The service was really good - both waiters (female&male) we're really nice, friendly and funny guys that we'd love to meet again!
It was not really busy but the place seemed pretty well organized and better lookin than plenty other sushi places we saw in SF and other towns.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our server woman was someone we would love to be friends with for ever. A very thoughtful, well spoken, kind, mature, loving woman with very efficient service. Food was not good. The Brown Rice with Adzuki beans (they actually mis-spelled the name of the beans) was dry, tasteless. At the end of our meal, she came with some fresh Brown Rice and apologized for serving the dry rice which was left over. She said, "It is about product integrity". I say it was a really a nice gesture. However, even then, it was just plain, Brown Rice, nothing to write home about. My husband's Rice with assorted Fresh fish was not really fresh. The Wasabi did not taste real. It was probably from powder. My Sashimi selection had Unagi which was totally burnt and bitter. The Albacore, recommended by the chef was fine but once again, nothing special and the Hamachi was not fresh. The Green Tea Mochi ice cream was good. No, will not go back.