“Classic San Francisco, Fresh, Real, BAM!”
Review of Scoma's Restaurant

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Jefferson Street
Transit: Muni - #10, #15, #30, #47 Street Car - F Line Cable Car
Description: Scoma's is a San Francisco icon and the only restaurant located in Fisherman's Wharf with a working 46 foot fishing boat. Freshness and high quality are the main reasons the restaurant has been successful for more than 50 years. Whether guests want to watch the commercial fishing boats in action or enjoy the view of the Bay from the cocktail lounge, come in an join the Scoma's family for one of the best dining experiences San Francisco has to offer. Outdoor dining daily from 11:30am - 7:30pm To-Go/ Curbside Pickup 11:30am -8:30pm Brunch Saturday and Sunday 10am - 2pm Delivery on most app platforms
Reviewed 18 February 2016

I am pretty sure that Telly Savalas ate here often! He probably was good friends with Al Scoma (?) LOL. The restaurant is older and worn but is fine dining...but don't change a thing the character of the older furnishings and ambiance are what make it special and unique. On the wharf so you really get that San Francisco experience. The food was VERY good, our server was awesome (can't remember his name but he had been there at least 15 years. The Barolo on the wine list was AWESOME and the mussels were delish. I recommend!!!

Date of visit: February 2016
Write a reviewReviews (6 052)

2 564 - 2 568 of 6 052 reviews

Reviewed 17 February 2016

We had a wonderful dinner. There were plenty of options. The service was good. The seating arrangements were a bit tight. The location is nice if you plan to visit the Embarcadero before or after dinner.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 17 February 2016

This is our place to go if we are close to Pier 39. We used to try a lot of the other touristy restaurants, but no more. Scoma's is a bit pricey, but worth it to get away from the tourist fare.
It starts with the bread, great SF French bread. We usually get the calamari which is usually some of the best. My wife and I often get the captains platter due to her family tradition and my dislike for "fishy" fish. While you can't go wrong with a friend fish platter, I tried the market platter this last time. It was black cod which is usually too fishy for my taste, but in this case one of the best fish dishes I've ever had. Not a hint of "fishy". My daughter had the halibut which was really delicate. Now I say they weren't fishy bit because the fish was covered in sauce and didn't taste like fish. They still had flavor, just the good flavor.

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 17 February 2016 via mobile

Great little out of the way place at pier 47 in the fisherman wharf area. We have been fortunate to hit a couple lunch specials which were terrific. My all time favorite was the marinated thresher shark. Menu favorites are the crab cocktail and almost any of their fresh fish offerings. Clam chowder is decent. Service is usually pretty good and we have always enjoyed eating there. What they lack in view they make up for in the fresh fish department.

They offer free valet parking (don't forget to tip generously) and validated parking at the triangle lot. Their menu is a little pricy but we have always enjoyed the quality of the food.

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Ate in the bar with my husband, had the lobster bisque and crab salad. Both were delicious. Lots of terrific Whiskey and Bourbon choices, and you cant beat the view.

Date of visit: February 2016