“Dinner after Work!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: The Castro
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Luckily I was accompanies by a local who warned me that we would be waiting for a seat. Our offices are just around the corner, and he had come down to put our name on the list outside the front door of the restaurant. By the time we arrived, we only had about a 10 minute wait, but it would have been waaay longer if we had to wait in line right after putting our name on the list. The food was reasonable, but then I live in a great seafood area, and am hard to please that way. I do realise they are very popular and the restaurant is small, but being able to book in advance would have been a nice touch. Nice atmosphere, and friendly staff.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

So glad we decided to try this place. It was so fresh and delicious! The oysters were excellent and the small cioppino was delicious and large enough for sharing with my husband. The most amazing thing we had, however, was the Caesar salad. It really was the best one I have ever tasted. Cold and tangy with warm crunchy coupons. Heaven!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews on this place with thought to try it out.
We took an Uber but then realized how easy it would have been to take the subway and get off at the Castro stop.
We got Infront and realized you need to put your name on a board outside for the waiting list. The place was small but a great experience. Do not miss eating here. It was the best meal of our 5 day trip. It wasn’t even the most expensive!
Perfect night out.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I had the priviledge of eating here twice during my stay in SF. One was a dinner and we went just before 21:00, so there was a short wait only. The fresh fish as well as the fish curry was fantastic. Portions are generous and all is accompanied by freshly baked bread. The waiter was extremely helpful- actually discouraged us to order to much food and said the portions were really big.... For the lunch we sat at the countertop and the service was once again friendly and quick. The crab meet burger was the best I have ever tasted. Highly recommend this small little place for their wonderful seafood and excellent service! They don’t take bookings so one needs a bit of patience during busy times. But totally worth the wait!

2  Thank elsiemariam
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We were staying at the Inn on Castro (great spot - see review) so we strolled down to this place just down the road! A wait of 20 minutes on Sunday evening at 7 pm (no bookings taken) - write your name on their white-board and then stroll around taking in the sights! Great area full of colour and not TOO MANY homeless people! We enjoyed a great meal - oysters, chowder and delicious fish! Great wines and excellent service! Highly recommended!

1  Thank David B