“Found by accident, really happy I did”
Review of Tadich Grill

Tadich Grill
Ranked #84 of 6 325 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I was looking for somewhere to eat around FiDi with a friend and we found Tadich Grill on trip advisor.
First think you notice as you walk in is it’s “old school” traditional vibe, which looks amazing. The restaurant is from the 1800’s and it really feels like it.
We were served fast and the food was incredible. I had the ribeye, which was incredible and in a very generous size. My friend had a seafood dish which she loved as well.
The waiters were all very friendly and the service amazing.

1  Thank f_biog783
Write a ReviewReviews (1 976)

44 - 48 of 1 976 reviews

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

It was suggested to me to try this restaurant because of the quality food and the history of the place. I was not disappointed. Their clam chowder is about the beat that I have ever eaten. I had one of the seafood lunch specials and it was excellent as well. If you haven’t tried Tadich cuisine, you will not leave hungry.

1  Thank keng111
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Stopped in here for a late lunch last week. As I was by myself I took a seat at the long wooden bar and ordered cioppino. The fisherman's stew and the accompanying garlic bread were excellent and made for a delicious and hearty meal. Even more impressive was the service. During lunch my server shared a wealth of information about San Fransisco. I especially appreciated him sharing with me names of other restaurants I should try out in the area. I very much look forward to dining at the Tadich Grill again the next time I'm in San Fran.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

The restaurant is 150 years old, and looks like it. The gruff waiters are dressed in white jackets and ties. There is only one thing to order here-- fish. There is only one way to have it cooked-- pan sauteed. What you get is a perfect fish at prices too low to be believed.The fish comes with vegetables and fried potaotes. Thebourbon-gflavored bread pudding was wonderful.

The restaurant is crow=ded at mealtimes and does not take reservations. best to come, as we did, at an off-hour (5 pm).

And order what the waiter recommends!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Allan J
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Yes the noise level is quite impressive and yes you cannot make a dinner reservation there. But the atmosphere is unmatchable. I have been visiting the place since 1968 and I enjoy it as ever. Delicious fish the famous ciupino friendly service no wait to get your order. Food is very tasty quantities are large and the price is reasonable. No excuse for not going