“A M A Z I N G ”
Review of Kokkari Estiatorio

Kokkari Estiatorio
Reserve with OpenTable
Kokkari Estiatorio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 6 272 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$25 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Front St.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was at SFO last august with some friends and this was our favorite place to eat, actually we had two meals here, environment is so nice and classy and the service is impecable everywhere... both time we sat at the bar and they served us super fast, by the second day the bartender knew what we wanted as soon as he saw us and by the time we got to our sits at the bar he was already preparing our drinks (Moscow mules), I had the opportunity of taste 4 plates there and all of them were tasty and yummie! I only had a chance to take one picture of my salmon I’m remembering while writing this and my mouth is full of water, I’d love to go back to Kokkari, if you are planning to go to San Francisco I highly recommend it, and I didn’t think it was too expensive, excellent quality/price relation.

1  Thank Yanawalka
Write a ReviewReviews (2 486)

23 - 27 of 2 489 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

San Francisco certainly has a vast array of dining options. Kokkari Estiatorio is one of the best. Excellent service, exquisite presentation and phenomenal flavors with every dish. Highly recommend this very popular restaurant. Make sure that you make reservations ahead of time because this is a very popular place and you cannot just walk in and expect a table.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

A very large restaurant but our food and service was as if we were the only patrons present. Wide variety of top-notch Greek/continental. Bread exceptional. If I lived in SF, I'd frequent this special restaurant.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Our Home Away host insisted we eat at Kokkari, earliest reservation we could get was 9:30 pm. We met a Vodka salesman at the Mystic bar who also said we should go there and they were open for lunch. So glad we did, the food and the service were outstanding.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We absolutely loved this restaurant, the food was sensational - very authentic with a few American twists and excellent service.

This is a very large restaurant and has three main areas, probably the most popular will be the front part that has a view of an open fire and spit, the area at the rear with a view of the open plan kitchen will then likely be the most popular.

The food was really really good, we started off choosing a wide range of appetisers and asked if we could have those and then order further food depending on how hungry we were, no problem!

We started with dolmathes (stuffed vine leaves), Gigandes (large beans), lamb cutlets, fava bean salad with pita bread, soutsakaia (probably mispelt! - meatballs in tomato sauce), all were stunning.

We didn't have a lot of appetite left after these but managed to share a pork shoulder and potato dish and pastries stuffed with semolina, again all fantastic.

Really really enjoyed dinner here and cant recommend highly enough - if you have the opportunity well worth visiting.