“Good for breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went here midmorning for a business discussion. The main part on left side of entry was too noisy and tables too close together. But they kindly opened the right side for us...we were the only ones and it was perfect for a cappucino and croissants. The rest of the breakfast menu looked quite interesting. Service was friendly and prompt. Parking was a challenge, but not surprising in that area. Will come back for sure to try a full breakfast.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to Ella’s for over 10 years. It was my go to breakfast/brunch place. Not anymore. They changed ownership and it’s gone way downhill. Food is ok, but service is poor. Very slow. They look like they are struggling. I want them to be successful, but I don’t think I can go there anymore and be frustrated.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Change is good sometimes and not so good sometimes. New owners, new staff, not so good. Usually changes should be seamless and go unnoticed. Last weekend, Robert gone, Diane gone. Two dependable service stalwarts replaced by inefficient and enept service. Ahhhh, the good ‘ol days. Wrong order, cold food, no apology. Why screw with the menu with frivolous changes. After a 20+ year relationship with this Cheers type eatery, I dropped the mic.

1  Thank Brian F
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Neighborhood joint that has a decent menu and open kitchen but nothing to write home about. The veggie scramble was good...solid.....not fab. Skimpy toast and the coffee was iffy. But again...it was just breakfast. I wanted to try a neighborhood place instead of the usual places for coffee, etc. - it was a one time thing. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

We went on a Thursday morning thinking it wouldn’t be too busy. We were partially right. We were able to get seated as soon as we arrived. But unfortunately, there was only one waitress serving the entire dining room. We felt so bad for her. She did her best. So service was not the best, but it was totally not her fault.

We ordered the Chorizo Scramble and the Chiliquilles. Both were very mediocre. The Country Potatoes were also just so-so. We always know the food is just okay when everyone continues their conversation, and no one comments on how good the food was after the first few bites.

The omelettes looked better. Wish we had tried an omelette instead.

Nice location. Just don’t expect too much in terms of food quality. Food was not memorable at all.