“Excellent crab meat with excellent service”
Review of Crustacean

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

I always like to come back to this restaurant as it has a unique sea food menu, especially a whole roasted crab, accompany with garlic noodle. Just enough with this 2 favorite menus, I will be very satisfied

1  Thank Jodjana J

Reviewed 28 June 2016

We had not booked but managed to get a table on a busy Saturday evening. We knew it would not be cheap but this was our last day in the States after a 22 night Great Rail Journey. We loved every minute and the seafood was terrific. My whole crab was $53 dollars but worth every penny. My wife had catch of the day with 4 fillets of fish!
Worth every penny for great fusion food & just round the corner from The Holiday Inn on Van Ness Street.

1  Thank ROWLY
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I had been all over Northern California and ended our trip in San Fransisco. While in Eureka a local at a sporting goods store recommended Crustaceans if San Fran if we were looking for the best dungeonous crab nor cal had to offer. After receiving what I considered to be a very credible review we ended up being fairly disappointed. We had eaten comparable crab in Eureka for nearly half the price. Also they are known for their garlic noodles, which I was also pumped about. I was disappointed to find out these noodles are an extra $12 for their signature crab dish!? Making this crab dish $65+. And I assure you these are just ramen noodles with some Parmesean sprinkled on them. I get it that San Fran is pricey, but I expect it to be tasty too.....

2  Thank Coryjs0
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

This place is a real gem for a rare delicious Vietnamese crab and noodle, both are signature and popular dishes here. Its crab is fresh and full with taste of garlic and oil. Very yummy particularly if you eat with its tasty noodle. Highly recommend

Reviewed 15 June 2016

I finally got a chance to go to Crustacean for dinner. It was a nice 30 minute scenic cable car ride from Market Street near the Embarcadero. Once you get off the cable car, it's a short 3 minute walk to the restaurant.

You can either walk up, or take the elevator to the 3rd floor.

Once inside, it is a picture of luxury. I sat across from the bar (pictured), and was waited on right away.

There is an extensive menu with seafood, beef, chicken ,and traditional Chinese food offerings. They are well-known for their Garlic Crab and Garlic Noodle. They also have an extensive small plates menu.

I ordered the Yellow Corn Bisque with crab meat, and the Garlic Noodles, from their small plates menu, as well as a Raz-Lemon Martini. All was very good, and just the right amount of food for me.

The wait staff is very professional and attentive. Any waiter can wait on any table that needs help.

I would highly recommend this restaurant. I want to visit the one in Beverly Hills next to make a comparison.