Reviews (5 893)
4 396
1 179
4 396
1 179
All reviews the financial district select guest california street cookies and milk union square ferry building great hotel loyalty program cable car room service turn down service front desk staff each morning valet parking fisherman's wharf free internet nob hill
160 - 165 of 5 893 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I recently had a night in San Francisco so booked the Omni in the financial district. It has the vibe of an old line luxury hotel in Europe - very brown and gilt feeling. But my impression is that the service and appointments were first class. I had a deluxe king room on the 13th floor (!?), room 1306. The beds were super comfortable, the flat screen tv large and working, and there was a dresser if you wanted to unpack (this is a pet peeve of mine; many of the trendier minimalist modern hotels have nowhere to put your stuff). The bathroom had a good makeup mirror and there was a moderate amount of space to put your stuff. The lighting was sufficient (another pet peeve-I don't want mood lighting in my hotel room, I want light to read by!) One issue - when my sister and I checked in we ran up to drop our luggage, lock valuables in the safe, and run to the CA Academy of Sciences; our ride was waiting in the car downstairs. Alas, the safe was not working!! We called downstairs and within two minutes a guy came up to assess, determined the battery was dead and had a battery on him to replace it. Problem solved! The concierge gave us a great steer for breakfast (Café de la Presse) a couple blocks away, the front desk staff were welcoming and helpful, and the lobby was comfortable to sit in. I didn't try the restaurant.

So bottom line is beds were super comfortable and the room had everything I wanted in a hotel room; the vibe of the hotel is not young or trendy, but I would trade a trendy vibe with blaring music for a room with a large tv, good beds, good lighting and a place to put my stuff. Oh and another thing - I was able to do a pre-check-in so when I got in, I just picked up my key in a rack - no waiting in line to check-in. Brilliant! Good job, Omni!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
James L, General Manager at Omni San Francisco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear iblaurajc,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Omni San Francisco. We are very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our room and that we were able to provide you with what you needed during your stay - reading light is indeed important! Furthermore, it is always pleasant to hear great feedback about our wonderful team; thank you very much for your kind words.

We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel and your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni on your next trip to San Francisco.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We had wonderful stay in the hotel. We will go back in future. We strongly recommend this hotel if you would like to stay in down town. The infused water with Pineapple and cucumber was a treat. The staff are very cooperative and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
James L, General Manager at Omni San Francisco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Swamy A.,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Omni San Francisco. We are very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel and its central location. Furthermore, it is always pleasant to hear great feedback about our wonderful team; thank you very much for your kind words.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Big room and big bed came by paying a little more.
Staff were fine.
The location for financial district and visiting the city is excellent.
The hotel was clean of course and decor in good order.
However, it lacked style and feels a bit dated for my taste.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisLewisJ
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Don't go to the Omni if you are use to a nice free breakfast at less pricey hotels. This Omni does not include free food for most guests. When you check out other high end hotels, you do have to look carefully for those that offer complementary breakfast. This is ironuc to me , as less expensive hotels almost always include breakfast. This might be one of my reasons for paying less. Lol.
The hotel is lively, the location is great and the room was nice.
I am only focusing on the food. Lol.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear delyn35,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Omni San Francisco. We appreciate your feedback. We are always glad to learn of our strengths, such as the quality of our rooms, as well hear of areas in which we have room for improvement. We will certainly pass along your feedback regarding breakfast to our team, and we hope to welcome you back to the Omni in the near future.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

The Omni is a beautiful hotel. And the staff goes above and beyond to meet your needs. We arrived much earlier than our check in time and the hotel staff was pleased to secure our luggage and allow us to go sightseeing. They called when our room was ready. They helped reserve city tours for us and let us know when our transportation arrived to pick up up. I will stay at the Omni again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Dear Monica S.,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Omni San Francisco. We are very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our hotel. We are always more than happy to store your luggage so you can spend extra time enjoying our beautiful city! Furthermore, it is always pleasant to hear great feedback about our wonderful team; thank you very much for your kind words.