“Good salads for a casual dinner ”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #468 of 5 921 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoMa
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

With several places closed for Easter we chose CPK for our dinner location. Never visited before but overall a no-frills dinner experience with above average salad choices. The service was fine although the main meals took a while to be served. We were very happy with our salads - Quinoa & Arugula with Chicken and Thai peanut - although the servings were too large (even the small sizes). The BBQ chicken pizza did not have much to do with a European pizza but was tasty regardless. Was recommended an excellent full bodied red wine which I thoroughly enjoyed. The decor and interior of the place are not very inviting but the food was better than the place’s looks. Would like to try their cauliflower base pizza once!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We walked here from our hotel for dinner and this location did not disappoint. They weren't very busy and our server was extremely attentive. Our food came out right away, only thing is that this location is not surprisingly more expensive than some others.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sat at the bar for a quick dinner. Restaurant was not full nor was bar. Bartender seemed very busy, but I am unsure what he was handling. It took almost 10 minutes to take my order. Pizza took a long time and was not hot. There were no food runners, and since the bartender wasn't focusing on food coming out, I believe it sat for a while. I requested an item be left off the Tostado pizza, and he confirmed that when I ordered, but it was on the pizza when it arrived. In addition, I ordered the higher priced Chardonnay and one I have had often. The wine was terrible. It tasted like a cheaper table wine. May be a management issue, may be other issues, but definitely not recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was ok nothing to write home about, but our server was so rude and obnoxious, any time I asked for anything he spoke to the guy with me. When he did it once I thought fair enough easy mistake, but after the 5th time I had had enough. He also was roaring and kicking behind the bar, He seemed to be having problems with everyone that evening. All in all this place needs to get rid of this guy. If I spoke to customers the way he does I wouldn't still have a job. Really I wouldn't bother with this place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Took my almost 18-yr old for her first CPK experience and it didn’t disappoint! Super clean and no wait -6:30pm on a Monday. Service was good and the Sangria “Flight” was delectable!