“Still the best steak I ever ate”
Review of 5A5 Steak Lounge

5A5 Steak Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
5A5 Steak Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #384 of 6 272 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Cross street: Battery Street
Description: A stylish & modern take on the traditional steakhouse, blending the ambiance of a contemporary restaurant with that of a vibrant cocktail lounge. We serve the best, top quality steaks from around the world - US Certified Angus Beef and Australian 'Kobe' and the grade A5 100% Japanese Wagyu - highest grade of beef in the world. Our menu is also very accommodating with several non-red meat options and different sized portions available. Great for an outing with friends, a business dinner, or a romantic evening on the town- 5A5 caters to those looking for outstanding food & service complemented by a fun & upbeat dining experience. 5A5 - 5 senses / the A5 experience
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I was here already the second time - this time I brought my family. I know the place is really expensive, but it was worth. I never saw my children ate a big piece of meat so fast and with so much fun - they really enjoyed it. We ate T-Bone steak, rib eye steak and Filet Mignon and shared the meat with each other - the meat was sooo good and melted almost in the mouth - so soft. And this was not even the Wagyu beef !

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice restaurant located close to the harbour. Tender beefs - could be eaten by a straw . Fairly expensive, but high quality. Formal in style. We visited Sunday where they offered 50 pct off listed prices on bottles of wine.

Jens H

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

The best part of this meal was the steak. We didn't have the wagyu (about $150 per 4oz) but instead we had a normal filet and tbone, both delicious. Cooked exactly as we asked and with a nice sauce. Only point is that I'd like to be able to choose the sauce that comes with my steak and you can't do that here.
We ordered sides, truffle chips were excellent, mushrooms were excellent, truffle mac and cheese was OK.
Service was excellent and overall the meal is on the pricey side but the food was also very good.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Really nice place. The meat was absolutely tasty. Really expensive but worth the price!!
Also nice cocktails and kind waiters ( they explained the differences and give us some advice )

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Not really amazing food, nice bartender and Somelier, service and layout okay .
But all the food prices are really too high , and for example , my normal bone n ribeye , was a big one, chewy and not that much tasty, and it was 79$...