“Fresh Dungeness crab ”

Betty Lou's Seafood and Grill
Ranked #30 of 6 309 Restaurants in San Francisco
Price range: US$14 - US$45
Neighbourhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Description: Casual, no frills, family restaurant with friendly vibe serving San Francisco classics including cioppino, sand dabs, wok crab and even a great steak. There's something for everyone!
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Fresh local seafood cooked to perfection. A simple request but often difficult to obtain. This place nailed it. We stopped for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. We had two whole cracked crabs for a very reasonable price. Each piece was pre-cracked for a very enjoyable dining experience. The service was excellent. This restaurant will be very successful if it continues to maintain the high quality and variety of local seafood. As local residents of SF, we highly recommend Betty-Lou's for fresh local seafood at a very good price point. We have already made reservations to return for dinner.

1  Thank bruzsusan

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Had dinner here with two family members. One person had the seafood risotto and the other two had the salmon. All the food was very good. Was a bustling energetic environment in the midst of a very busy downtown area.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

I have to say that with a reservation I was more comfortable than the crazy scene at Sotto Mare and the wine list was cheap with a decent chianti at $27. The pasta dishes were all slightly overcooked with red seafood pasta probably the best. I had the Asian-inspired crab in hot oil which left me several bounty towels later with a fabulous sense of seafood contentment. I did see the cioppino up close and my guess is that if you stick to this and my crabs, you will be very happy at a reasonable price.

1  Thank OrganicForever
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

The food here is amazing. Not a bad dish in the house. Seafood pasta, oysters on half shell, chicken piccata, risotto, not to mention the superb wok crab. If you're in SFO this is a must

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 19 February 2017

This is a small, nicely appointed restaurant in North Beach. Make a reservation; otherwise, you may not get in. We were there on a Saturday night and got seated at 5 o'clock. Later walk-ins were turned away because they were booked solid for the rest of the night. There were 4 of us. One had a steak served with vegetable and potatoes (just OK), 2 had the seafood pasta (good) and I had the scallop/shrimp combo with vegetable and pasta (very good). The pasta was a substitution for potatoes. They don't usually do substitutions; but, they did accommodate me. We were in and out in 45 minutes. The service was fast. They need to turn the tables; so, no desserts or after dinner drinks offered. We felt rushed. The prices are consistent with other restaurants in the area.

Date of visit: February 2017