Reviews (1 308)
1 308 results
All reviews union square elks lodge complimentary sherry great location post street ceiling fan around the corner cable car there is no air conditioning charming hotel front desk staff half block tea and coffee valet parking street noise nob hill central location
40 - 45 of 1 308 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed at the Kensington Park last week, for a few days en-route back home to New Zealand. From memory, we think that it’s the fifth time that we’ve stayed at this hotel - and, as with previous occasions, a thoroughly enjoyable stay. The standout is always the friendly and helpful attitude of the staff. A particular thank-you this time to Vincent on Reception, and to Gino on the Concierge station. We look forward to a return visit.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank craigmartin21
Sue L, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Dear craigmartin21,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor. It is amazing to hear that you have stayed with us so many times and returned to us for the fifth time recently. I am happy to know your recent stay is enjoyable just like the previous times. I will share your kind words with Vincent and Gio, and I want to say thank you on their behalf. My team and I can't wait to see you again in our hotel for the sixth time. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

What a great find. A hotel at a reasonable price with a lovely faded grandeur but loads of character right in the centre of San Francisco. The staff were outstanding in providing help and guidance, especially Mario. I slept well in this hotel on an extensive five hotel tour and this hotel gave me the best nights sleep.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Wildsmith44,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us with some good sleep, and I will share your kind words with my staff especially Mario for his outstanding customer service. I hope I will see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed a Monday & Tuesday night in order to be near family wedding around Union Square. Room was satisfactory with a Queen bed and view on to Post Street. Old style, historic type building, and I received a slight discount for being a member of the Elks B.P.O. (Building is an Elks Lodge).

Conveniently located to trolley line, Chinatown and Market Street.

However, be prepared with the Union Square area as numerous people beg throughout day & night, and become a bit aggressive. Later in the evening the seedy side of town appears.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sue L, Assistant General Manager at The Kensington Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Alex A,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope you did visit the Elks Lodge that is located on the 3rd floor in the same building. We hope we will see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Look no further for a great hotel in Union Square!
Had a wonderful stay here in the heart of the city. The location is unbeatable. Union square is a block away, the cable car stops right up the street, tours depart next door, and dining options abound! All the employees at the hotel are so friendly and willing to help however they can. Vincent, Mario, and Giovanni helped us with whatever we needed and helped us get our bearings around the city. Would definitely stay again! The lobby is full of charm and has complimentary tea and sherry as well as water. There is coffee and tea in the mornings on the 9th and 11th floor with scones which are delicious. The corner room with a view is definitely worth it! You do get noise from the street, but that is expected from any hotel in a prime city location. Rooms are super clean, beds are comfortable, and bathrooms are stocked with all the amenities. We had a view of Union Square, and every night heard a man playing bagpipes. The area felt very safe, and there was someone at the door at all times. I'll definitely miss this place and hope to be back soon! This hotel does not disappoint!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear OliviaGren,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor and gave us a 5 star review! I appreciate all the kind word that you mentioned about my front desk team and I will share this review with each one of them. I am glad you hear you enjoyed your stay as well as the hotel amentias that we offer. My team and I can't wait to see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

The staff was very helpful and attentive at all times. Built in the 1920s, this hotel has a classic feel. Close to great shopping, transportation and sites. Helped us get great deals on tours and side trips! Lyft and Uber always close at hand for getting to and from the airport or Fisherman's warf.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Servant74,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I are thrived to provide great customer service to all our guests during their stay with us, and I am pleased to know that we did meet your expectation. I will share your kind words with my team, and we can't wait to see you again during your next visit in San Francisco. Thank you for staying with us.