“Best Shabu in the Greater Boston Area!”
Review of Shabu Restaurant

Shabu Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 295 Restaurants in Quincy
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

How in the world have I not reviewed this place yet? I'm stunned. I've been here many, many times. With my wife, with friends, with a big group of Yelpers and with some family.

This modest establishment sits on one of Quincy's main roads but there's plenty of street parking. Inside you'll find about 7-8 tables as well as a bar counter that sits another 6 or so people. And on every table, as you can imagine, is an induction burner and usually a ton of plates of ingredients ready to be swished around in the various broths they offer.

Best of all, they have an all-you-can-eat option available with reasonable pricing. They call it the buffet and there's a dedicated menu for it. This is our favorite option and a great way to try various things to keep the meal very interesting. There's over fifty options to pick from including beef, lamb, chicken, pork, turkey, various mushrooms, noodles, and seafood as well.

All of the meats and veggies we've had there have been of great quality and the service impeccable. I haven't had the seafood but people I've been with have and they had no complaints either. There's also fourteen different soup bases to pick from which is also nice and they recently introduced a new pot allowing one to have to three different ones per table at once. I recommend the kimchi one which is our favorite. The Japanese Curry one is interesting as well.

All in all, this place rocks! It's awesome and I always look forward to returning here no matter the time of year or who I'm with. It's by far the best shabu-shabu option in the Boston-area.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed beef and vegetable hot pot. The sirloin was good, but the prime rib was outstanding. Friendly, helpful service made our visit excellent. Clean, high quality food, good wine list.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We went here last night as a family of four.
They sat us at the counter which was fine. You select your broth, your noodles, and your protein and they bring you garnishes and vegetables. The soup making experience is fun. The only drawback for me was the lack of space. Everything is on platters and there is not a lot of room with the cooking station and people on either side of you.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This Japanese Shabu hot pot is delicious. Make sure to soak in all the ingredients, even the vegetables. At the end of cooking all the meat, noodles and vegetable, the broth is a delight to drink.

1  Thank florence g
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Outstanding service, super fresh food, delicious bases. A must go to when in the Boston metro area. Well worth the trip to North Quincy. Try the Japanese curry base and order any of the combos that include a great veggie plate.

Been to Shabu Restaurant? Share your experiences!