“Fun flavors”

Mount Desert Island Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 13 Dessert in Bar Harbor
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Mount Desert Island Ice Cream makes handmade artisanal ice cream and sorbets in Bar Harbor and Portland, Maine. We have been named one of the top ice cream shops by Food and Wine. Mount Desert Island Ice Cream is closed for the season until spring 2018.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was hard to choose an ice cream flavor, there were so many interesting flavors. I ended up having the Girl Scouts gone wild and my husband had Nutella and salted caramel. All three were great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This little hole in the wall serves up a variety of different flavors, some of which you have never heard before. It is fabulous! Always visit here when in Bar Harbor.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place offers great ice cream and very unique flavors as well.

My wife and I did not get anything too crazy but I ordered a double and got Nutella and Coffee Oreo. My wife got a single of dulce de leche . All three were delicious and if I was here longer I would have loved to try all of the other unique flavors they have to offer.

Also, if you are unsure of a flavor, they will let you sample it before you purchase it. Service was speedy and great.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The thing that makes this ice cream shop particularly special is the unusual flavors they have. The ice cream is very good and it was fun to try out something different.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are looking for amazing ice cream in Bar Harbor, this is the place. Creative and delicious flavors. I am literally dreaming about the 2 flavors I had. One was a berry streusel blend and the other a cardamom coriander blend. Sounds a bit unusual, but they were spectacular. The cardamom one was kind of like kulfi. Certainly the best ice cream we had in BH. I need there to be one of these much, much closer to where I live. It reminded me a little of Jeni's ice cream, but honestly, this was better.