“It is an ok experience if you are ready to wait 90 minutes for food”

Romy's Kahuku Prawns and Shrimp
Ranked #16 of 37 Restaurants in Kahuku
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The reason to why there are so many cars parked outside Romy’s is not because the original taste, it is because the wait is quite original compared to other shrimp trucks. We showed up at 1 pm waited in line and got our food at 2:40 pm. The kids were exhausted at the time. Would have been faster and equally tasty if we had bought the shrimps gone home and cooked them our selves. Plus they wouldn’t have been drenched with shoyu sauce and sweet chili. This place has the capacity and skill to serve a maximum of 5 tables, and yet they have at least 30 tables. I cannot recommend this place at all.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had high hopes for this place but we thought it was way over priced for the little amount of food you got. The food was nothing to write home about either. They take only cash as well so be prepared.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Yea dont go unless you have 2 hours of your life to waste. It was an hour to the ordering window and another hour for the shrimp. They are extremely unorganized. Plates are sitting out in the kitchen with flies buzzing about.
Didnt know that you can order in advance...so if you have to come then call. Otherwise go to any of the other trucks with better service and shorter lines.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

On our Hawai’i visit, I wanted to stop at a shrimp truck. You see them on TV all the time. We took a trip to the north shore and stopped here. Timing was good. We only waited a few minutes too order. Waited another 45 mins for our order. All seems par for the course. There is a tented area with picnic tables. Our order #2 shrimp plate was good. Sweet and spicy ( mild ). We could do it again.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

After beach walking, we ended up here before getting too starved. I heard it takes time to get your order.
I ordered the basic garlic shrimp with maize and a little vegetable. It was so delicious but a bit oily too.
I just came from a place where there's no shrimp so for me to have this was a treat.
We brought our own tissue roll and a lot of people keep on asking for it. I suggest that the owner should provide an accessible tissue for the customers.
Over all experience was good and I didn't get a chance to dine in another similar restaurant to compare.
I am now missing so much this meal!