“Ocean view condo”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Deborah S
Gresham, Oregon
“Ocean view condo”
Reviewed 12 December 2017 for a stay in November 2017

This condo is everything I look for when staying on any of the Hawaiian Islands. Blue Paridise was in a quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It has a excellect ocean front lani with nice patio furniture to have your meals at if wanted. Easy access to the beach and lots of recliners to sit on the grass to be closer to the beach. The most important thing for me is I can sleep to the sound of the ocean putting me to sleep. We slept on the pull down bed so we could hear the ocean. This location is close to everything you need. It is about a 45-60 minute drive to Waikiki which we drove several times visiting my friend with n problems. If you want to be away from busy, beautiful ocean front, and cozy condo this is the one for you. The owners where very helpful and responsive to all my questions. Great stay.

Your age range 50-64
DionD47
Texas
“"A touch of paradise"”
Reviewed 29 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

"A touch of paradise" - Great sunrises, easy access to beach, well equipped unit with attention to detail, quick response customer service, and getaway from crowds

Your age range 50-64
gsala
Plano,TX
“Wonderful vacations”
Reviewed 11 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

As mentioned by other reviewers, the condo is located away from crowds on the windward (east ) coast of Oahu. If you look for an oceanfront place, the "Pat's at Punalu'u" (that's the building name) is pretty much your only oceanfront option outside of Waikiki.
The balcony (lanai) is oceanfront and you are less than 100 ft from the shore.
The beach in front of the building is good but has rocks. We did a beach-hoping driving every day to a different beach. Within 15 mins of drive you have Kulima Cove at Turtle bay resort with excellent beginner snorkeling, Kawela bay ranked as one of the best beaches by Oahu revealed (BTW, there is a copy of that book in the condo) and several beach parks. If you drive 10-15 min more you hit the famous Banzai Pipeline, Shark's cove and Waimea. On the south side you have beautiful but overcrowded Kailua and Lanikai (30-45 drive depending on traffic). Last few days we settled with Kokololio beach park that is practically desert on weekdays, has good sands, no underwater rocks (on the north side) and almost no waves.
The unit 216 has a real bedroom with big bed (most of condos have a small place where only a full bed fits) and a murphy bed on the living room. We ended up sleeping on the murphy bed so we can hear the ocean.
The condo has all appliances you can imagine, including washer and drier, everything is new, all well maintained.
The building looks little bit run down though: the metal doors have some rust . I guess with that amount of salt and humidity some special care is needed here.
Other than that everything else was perfect, so 5 stars.

Valanie
dallas
“Relaxed and Wonderful”
Reviewed 22 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Everyone thinks of Oahu as a crowded urban jungle. We’ve met person after person who talks about all the concrete and the crowds. Clearly they are doing it wrong. They should have stayed here. I loved Oahu and I think it is because we did not stay in Waikiki or the Honolulu area. We visited when we went to see Pearl Harbor and Iolani Palace (and Leonard’s Bakery for those malasadas). And we drove past as we went to visit Disney’s Aulani Resort for our brunch by the see. But it was always nice to come “home” to the east side of the island. By the way- the drive from the south up the east coast is forever etched in my memory. I don’t know how people concentrate because it is so breathtakingly gorgeous. The mountains are green behemoths that seem to rise straight out of the sea- water perfectly azure waving and foaming and sparkling the sun’s reflections. My saddest moment on my entire vacation was the drive back to the airport knowing I would not get this vista again for a long time. I would move there just for the view on that coastal drive.

My mom and I stayed here for 5 days- our first trip ever to Hawaii. I had some misgivings about staying so far out of the hub of action, but I am glad that I did. There was a sign on the road that said “Keep the country, country”. And people refer to this as the country side. It is very laid back and not overly developed. There are 2 grocery stores (FoodLand and something else), a couple of gas stations, several eateries, a CVS/Long’s, and some awesome food trucks in the area. The only hotel on this side is a Marriott right next to the Polynesian Cultural Center (my favorite activity on Oahu). The Polynesian Cultural Center is 5-10 minutes from the condo and is excellent.

We were greeted in the parking lot by the property manager Kathe, who is phenomenal. We had called her while we were in the airport to let her know we had landed and she gave us the go ahead to come on over. She is so kind and friendly and gracious- what a way to welcome first time visitors. She helped us get oriented, helped us bring in our luggage, and gave great advice. The apartment complex is not fancy and is a little older- Pat’s at Punalu’u is the name I believe. It is very secure as the stairway and the elevator require a key fob remote to access. Also, you need a parking pass for the parking lot and there are assigned spaces. Chris and Al have 2 condos and we chose the one on the second floor. The view is oceanfront, the breeze coming in is magnificent. There is no a/c, but because it is on the windward side we didn’t need one. We live in Texas and the fan and the breeze worked for me surprisingly in the middle of August. So that was one concern laid to rest… although my mother who had the bedroom did say she would have liked an A/C unit.

When you walk into the condo, the bedroom and bathroom are in a small hallway straight ahead. The bedroom was very spacious and according to my mom the bed was very comfy. The bathroom is small. It has a shower/tub combo and the toilet, the sink is outside of the bathroom. There possibly needs to be a fan in the bathroom for ventilation, because it would get very humid after a shower. Also, I basically changed in the shower or had to borrow the bedroom as there was really no room to change in privacy anywhere else. The tub was a little slippery and there was no handle bar, so we went down to Long’s and bought a bath mat… only to find when we returned that someone else had bought the same one and it was under the sink. So check the fridge, pantry, and other areas before purchasing something as someone may have already bought it and left it for future renters.

The kitchen, living area, and balcony are all to the right when you walk in. The kitchen is beautiful- new appliances, excellent layout. The condo looks just like the pictures and I was very relieved! The floors throughout are tile, which keeps things cool. The futon sofas are very comfortable and the view is excellent. There is a pull down Murphy bed that is far better than any sleeper sofa that I have ever slept on. Totally comfortable and made it hard to get up in the mornings. Went to sleep with the breeze and the sound of ocean waves- it was great.

There was a tv in the living area and one in the bedroom- both worked very well. The curtains are sort of non-functional in the living area as the focus of the room is the view outside- so they are pretty much left open. When I tried to close for privacy to change, there were large gaps. The condo overlooks the pool area and that gets pretty loud at times. Someone enjoyed cannonballing a LOT- but it was usually in the late afternoon and I can’t say that I blamed him. Since we had to have the screen doors open we had to let the sound in. The pool noise and the small bathroom were really the only negatives for such a great place and those minor quibbles would not stop me from staying here or for recommending a stay here. The balcony had a full table with 4 chairs, pool toys and equipment and lounge chairs- it was a big balcony. This is a great place to see the sunrise and full moons if you happen to be there during one.

I just loved the whole relaxed feel to the place. Walk down the stairs and turn left and you will be at the pool or take the little path to the beach. There were no crowds anywhere. We took drives up the coast to visit Ted’s Bakery, Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck, the Haleiwa, the Dole Plantation, etc. It was a great home base for us. We got to come back to a beautiful condo with a gorgeous view while others fought off crowds and traffic down south. In Oahu, there is no other place to stay as far as I’m concerned. I’ll take the 30 minute gorgeous drive to get to Honolulu over traffic, congestion, and crowds any day.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, location, location; views
Liked least: bathroom
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
DanInStp
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Beautiful Location, Nice Rental Unit”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

This is a terrific location if you are looking to get away from the hustle of Waikiki. Its placement on the windward side of Oahu was perfect for our "down time" vacation. Plan on an at least an hour if you are heading into Honolulu for activities. The condo unit itself was very clean and true to the posted pictures. It does not have air conditioning, which was not a surprise. The evening temperatures during our July visit were warm, but tolerable with ceiling fans and the famous trade winds.

The overall condominium property needs work. The approach to the site from the highway side leaves much to be desired. It may be resolved by now, but during our entire visit, the septic system left a noticeable and pervasive smell in the parking lot area.

I am glad that we chose this unit and with the caveats noted would recommend it to others.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View from Lanai
Liked least: Approach to property from HI 83
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing