“Relaxing beachside home”
other travellers have booked this property
Welcome HOME!
22' Outdoor Tiki Bar with Built In BBQ!  Tropical Fun in Paradise! Enormous 25' ceilings Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Welcome HOME!
22' Outdoor Tiki Bar with Built In BBQ!  Tropical Fun in Paradise!
Enormous 25' ceilings Living Room
Three Tables Beach down your driveway
Master Bedroom Equipped with Cozy King Beds
Your Tropical Beach Paradise
Front of Luana II Vacation Estate
Second Bathroom- Dual Sinks-River Rock Counters!
Complete Wrap around lanai - Perfect for Sunset Viewings
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Stephen_O...
Long Beach, California
“A worn out house, no privacy, loud, dirty and in a bad neighborhood”
Reviewed 21 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

Not a luxury rental. The property has potential but it has not been properly maintained. Sinks didn't drain, fridge had broken shelves, shutters wouldn't close (really important with the noise) and worst of all was dirty. Ironically the owner was most concerned about dirt in the house as "carpets recently cleaned" and absolutely no noise or parties that would disturb the neighbors. The one small rug in the house hadn't even been vacuumed and looked liked it had never actually been cleaned. The first night we were there, after removing our shoes as requested, the bottom of our feet were black from the filthy floor. The outdoor kitchen/Tiki bar was also filthy, hadn't been swept in probably a year and the rest dirty. Same for the outside deck, never been swept. They have the audacity to charge a cleaning fee when the first thing we had to do was clean the place. Fortunately we found a great cleaning service on Craigslist in the North Shore, came for three hours at $20/hr and got the place to the state you'd want for a couple of five year olds playing on the floor.
There is no privacy in this house, the design is such that all rooms (bathrooms, bedrooms, etc) have no ceilings, just walls with tops open to the rest of the house. You can hear EVERYTHING anyone in the house does. The place and area is also overrun with chickens and roosters which begin crowing at 3am, ten feet from your bedroom. When we chased them out of the yard and shook the tree to prevent them from roosting the neighbors called the police on us! You can imagine the police reaction for being called out for chickens. The police were great, phoned a contractor the state has for catching feral chickens (the chickens are destroying the island and the residents are letting it happen, a real disgrace and now a worse threat to the islands ecology than the feral pigs),. Oh yeah, the other neighbor has dogs that take over for the roosters at 8am and begin barking. And don't forget the gun fire on Christmas Day. A working class neighborhood with monster trucks blocking the driveway, not a peaceful tropical getaway.
If you're six 20 something surfers, who don't care about overall cleanliness, and just need a place to crash, this would be a great place but at much less the rate charged. The all in cost at high season was just under $700 a night, you can get a Turtle Bay condo for that. Don't get fooled by the video and pictures like we were, it looks like it could be nice but the cleanliness, upkeep and noise makes this place way too low end.
Lastly, our review and comments are backed up by the house journal/log many of the same issues described.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
20 Jan 2014
Yes, please DO rent a turtle bay condo for $700/night with neighbors sharing the walls you are sleeping next to!

High season is $529, no where NEAR your exaggerated $700....just goes to show people seem to take "artistic freedoms" if and when they are not happy about something....

Maybe I should copy all the pages from the review book in the house....we have about 60+ and I believe all but 2 are EXCELLENT reviews!!! Correct my math if I am wrong (and I am sure you will haha) but I think that is a
97% EXCELLENT review ratio!

I am not here to defend my home, I certainly don't need to do that as hundreds of people before this guest seemed to love it.

I welcome them to rent a room at the Turtle Bay for $500/night and let them critique their stay there next....!
Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2013 for a stay in December 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
2 Jan 2013
We are thrilled that you LOVED it here.

Be on the lookout for our postcards asking you to come back or refer us to your friends!

Really enjoyed having you!!!

Till next time, a hui hou (see you soon in Hawaiian)

~Samuel
Edmonton
Reviewed 5 January 2011 for a stay in December 2010

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
5 Jan 2011
This is exactly why we are in this business: we get to meet and interact from people all over the globe. The Langevin's came from 20 below weather in Canada (can you imagine?) and were thrilled to be somewhere tropical.

In the middle of their stay it rained absolute cats and dogs. Yet, they ventured across to the beach daily saying "Sam, it's still 72 degrees out and we're from Canada, rain or not, this is amazing!"

Great family and certainly looking forward to their annual Hawaii vacation with us!
Florida
Reviewed 9 December 2010 for a stay in June 2010
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: I saw all sorts of people having fun as well as my group!
Liked least: There was nothing i didn't like.
Your age range 18-24
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
9 Dec 2010
Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Utah
Reviewed 26 October 2010 for a stay in October 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing