Open today: 07:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Friendly Laura in Pome Maui

Was visiting there and stopped by with my friend who is local in Maui to ask for something. I... read more

Reviewed 4 September 2018
AbuSabi
via mobile
Awesome surf lessons

I highly recommend the individual surf lesson (or small group). My wife and I were up and surfing... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
Griffin_Creek
Seattle, Washington
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My brother, my father and I took a surf lesson with Walle and it was perfect! We learn to be independent and to understand the sport as well as to pick the right waves! We all catch our very first wave by ourselves in 1 lesson! Plus, Walle gave us a lot of infos about the islands and the surf around the worl, it was very interesting!
I recommend!!!

Walle H, Owner at POME Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Mahalo for your business and your review! We appreciate your kind words! You guys were great out ther!
Hope to see you guys again next time your on Maui.
Aloha!!!

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Walle and Becky have a great business. My sons took semi- private surf lessons with Walle. They absolutely enjoyed themselves and were standing up after a few attempts. Walle is a great instructor and guide. Would highly recommend PormeMaui for anyone looking to learn how to surf or to have Walle scout the perfect surf location in one of his safari tours.

Walle H, Owner at POME Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Mahalo guys! The boys did great! We look forward to your next visit! I hope they get in the water and start surfing those east coast waves. Mahalo and aloha!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I took a 3 day private class with Wallee
Fantastic experience,
Wallee has a degree in Marine Biology and therefore teach you a lot about the ocean
On the water he stays with you learn you how to recognise great waves then correct you and give you always gentle positive and efficeint advices
Fianlly you are not on the clock and some session may last 4hrs
When combined with Yoga class this is just the perfect combo

Walle H, Owner at POME Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Mahalo! Thank you for your review and choosing POME. I had a great time with you! Looking forward to your next maui visit. Get out there!
Aloha,
POME Ohana

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Had a surf lesson with Wally, one of the owners. It was a 1-on-1, and it was absolutely excellent. Can not recommend highly enough.

The shop itself is great; very welcoming, very chilled, does coffee and Kambucha and the staff are happy for you to hangout and talk any topic from surfing to yoga to travel experiences. They’re really interesting to talk to and very open people.

The lesson itself was fantastic. Wally has a great scientific understanding of surfing and he can tell you as much or as little as you want. I’ve already been recommending the experience to others. It’s a little pricey, but honestly it was worth it. He aims to get you to a point that you understand how to surf and read waves so that you can try to do it yourself and not feel like an idiot. Money well spent in my opinion and it’s a pleasure to support locals who care about Maui and the community.

Walle H, Owner at POME Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thanks so much for your review and we are so happy you had such a great time!! See you next time you are on Maui!
Mahalo & Aloha.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped in to check out the shop, it's a fantastic spot on the main drive in Paia and they source mostly local and sustainable goods. My boyfriend took a one on one surf lesson with Walle and it was fantastic! Walle took extra time in reviewing the client file and details, researching surf conditions and the best spots. He took such great care in the water and went out of his way to take us to a lower wave spot based on a review of our ability in the water and to be able to catch more waves. We would highly recommend that everyone stop by to support this business & if you want to try surfing for the first time or improve your skills! Also, the coffee is top notch!

Walle H, Owner at POME Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Mahalo! We appreciate your business and review! See you next time your on maui!
Aloha