All reviews yoga classes farm to table up country spa treatments beautiful property mana foods yogurt pool and jacuzzi whispering pines ceiling fan heaven on earth north shore minute drive ocean view hammocks paia practitioners
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Lumeria a thoughtful, restful and beautiful retreat. Worth it to get an ocean-side room so you can hear the sea-breeze through the pines all night. (Maybe only the last room in the row can actually see the ocean, but it's lovely nonetheless.) Staff is low key and helpful. Had a fantastic dinner at Lumeria's restaurant, Wooden Crate. We did a few classes and massage sessions--and also enjoyed just perching on cushions all over the property. We also spent time in Makawao (Habibi outdoor, Middle Eastern lunch was amazing) and Ho'okipa Beach for the windsurfers, basking sea turtles and one of Bob's famous hotdogs.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 5 November 2018

It was a very nice stay. The place, the mood, the yoga lessons, where all wonderful, but the cleaning of the room was poor and breakfast offered little options for our long stay. Still I enjoyed staying at Lumeria.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the resort for a yoga retreat this month. The retreat was amazing with regards to the yoga practice and thanks to an incredible teacher. On the other hand the resort was a bit disappointing.
Waking up every morning around 3,5 and 6 am with two roosters who are very loud outside the rooms.
The food was always the same for lunch and dinner :
a salad, rice a different kind of vegetable and fried tofu (once we got a vegan burger and another night a mushroom as protein) especially for vegans the food was really plain and with very little fantasy or taste. We had also asked for some more vegan protein especially because I was 5 months pregnant but was ignored. It felt like there is no management at least regarding food and beverage. ( there is a a la carte menu for guests but on retreat this was the fixed menu and it was cheap to say the least).
We ended up eating out two consecutive nights even if the food was included in the price of the retreat to vary a little.
Breakfast also is very limited.... no fresh juice (considering you have pineapple plantations it could have been the least to offer orange or pineapple juice, but juices are extra just like espresso ), no vegan Yogurt but simply plain whole milk yogurt in the buffet, potatoes, sausages, oats and cereal with a selection of tulsi teas and fruit was only pineapple slices and papaya no variation. Breakfast too was not a 4 star hotel level but more like 3 stars. I was surprised there was no organic farm on site as it was advertised as being a farm to table restaurant but the farm was missing.
Overall the resort is very peaceful and rooms are nice but the Roosters are way too loud and sleep was not good I recommend putting the roosters in a special place not next to the rooms.
The yoga Shala is nice but could be cleaner and maybe using some natural repellants for mosquitos might help. Props are very old and mats too are quite dirty but I guess one should bring his own.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimmetta
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at this resort.

Great - Wood crate, the chef was simply amazing...all the dishes (12+) were tasty and creative. Made me love fish and salads.

Good - Location, located away from any busy cities or towns...grounds were very large and green.

Average - Room, great high ceilings and great decor...however there is no in room AC, however did provide a fan.

Poor - House keeping, front desk...these are two items that needs to be addressed by management/owner. Front desk was seemingly overwhelmed with minor requests or check in/out process. House keeping was non existent during our stay, bottom sheet had black hair, sand and stains on the sheet...when I tracked down our housekeeper it seemed like I was bothering them with a sheet request...

Ugly - Pool, loungers and chicken waste...so much potential to have a great pool that looks at the ocean from the top of the hill, however it’s blocked by a dying shrub so all you look at from the pool deck is the road and weeds. All the loungers were nasty stained and dirty, as well as no shade available.

This is a beautiful property with tons of potential, but I won’t be back unless it’s for dinner.

2  Thank dog-dadd
Reviewed 22 October 2018

I hope that my experience was a one off, but at the end of the day, the classes listed were cancelled upon arrival. Breakfast was late; which we discovered upon arrival at the restaurant, so we didn't get to enjoy it since we left on the early side for Haleakala. Finally, upon checkout they managed to figure out that somehow I hadn't paid the second resort fee when I booked online, and insisted I pay it - after they didn't provide the expected amenities... Which is what I assume the additional resort fee covers. This was a hotel stay, without the resort perks for us. Unfortunately they towed the company and "it was listed on the website."Otherwise the rooms and the grounds were quite nice, and the location was in my favourite area of Maui - between Makawao and Pa'ia. Lovely towns not to be missed!!!