All reviews surf boards dorm style fantastic location downtown lahaina palm trees a great stay guests lock hawaii curtains hana ocean
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I have never written reviews on tripadvisor before, but for this hostel, I am making an exception. This place is the coolest spot for travelers in maui - friendly staff, great backyard and design, chill atmosphere and coolest people.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank HaykT28
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

It’s a perfect spot to have access to the beach and the city center. It has a super comfortable chilling area. On fridays they prepare a barbacue for all the guest and the staff!
The staff was adorable, and the manager always there for help you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank leandro R
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Not your typical hostel. I’ve been to many hostels in many countries but none like this. They have dorm rooms inside then they have a glass house dorm style hut outside. They also have tents. It’s all within a passcode protected property. 100 feet from Beach. Kind of like a private beach. It has two kitchens three showers and three bathrooms. Three refrigerators to keep your food. Game system, movies, games, bike rental, car rental, kayaks, snorkeling equipment. Outdoor and indoor places to hang out. Large lock safe to keep things in. Friendly staff

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank TheScranger
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I only reserved this hoste because I was on a short budget and Hawaii is expensive. As I was reading some of the reviews I started to get worries, because I care a lot about personal hygiene.
However, when I got here, I was surprise how well the place is being kept. Sure, some of the facilities lool a little bit older than most hostels you see around the world. But you have to realize that this island has limited supply of construction materials. Old =\= dirty. In fact, the staffs here were cleaning from morning to the afternoon everyday. I’m not gonna lie and say that it’s a 5-star-hotel clean. I think for the money you pay, it’s a definitely worth it. Mahalo!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Ari Y
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Roaches, Roaches everywhere! This place is a serious healthcare violation, beyond the roaches which is a major issue, the property is unsanitary throughout. The bathroom- the bathtub's paint is crackling, peeling, dirty, and covered with pink mildew. The kitchen - the fridge's are smelly, overstuffed and dirty. I have stayed at numerous hostels before and this is seriously the worst experience ever; had I not arrived so late at night I would of stayed elsewhere. This place is vastly overcrowded, it looks more like a squalor than a hostel - stay away!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo