Reviews (3 457)
3 457 results
2 183
2 183
All reviews konea tower duke's restaurant aina market sewage plant bosch appliances full kitchen ocean view through vrbo kaanapali beach rentals every other day washer and dryer times market quiet pool grocery store high end appliances underground parking hula pie
25 - 30 of 3 457 reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2018

You would think when you are on your Honeymoon the staff would be more accommodating, but this was not the case. We asked for a better room because of the noise due to the construction and they wouldn't move us without paying a higher fee and the resort had a lot of vacant condos because of the Hurricane that was moving in to the area. We were very disappointed!!

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank murphy20172017
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed in unit 613 this past week and had a wonderful time. The unit was modern, comfortable and very well equipped (including beach chairs and a cooler!). The views were unbeatable, we loved waking up and sitting out on the large deck looking out at the ocean each morning. Maui Resort Rentals made the process so easy and seamless. They even have a free shuttle bus to take you around Maui. The driver was amazing and very informative! We loved our stay here and would definitely return!

Stayed: September 2018
2  Thank Cydney L
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Just like a hotel but much larger and cheaper. The apartment we stayed in (211) was large and clean. It had everything you would need to have a comfortable stay. The apartment managers were quick to reply when we had questions. The complex itself is lovely. Pretty much right on the beach with three large pools. I would definitely recommend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank LondonTown_2013
Reviewed 11 September 2018

This is one of the first times I've stayed in a condo (as opposed to a hotel room), and have never done it in Hawaii, but I definitely would again.

We booked through airbnb with an independent owner (who uses a management company). It was a 3 bedroom with 3 full baths, and each bed was a king-sized. The lanai was long and lovely, the full wall of windows was awesome, and the living/kitchen area was open and modern. We had some issues with appliances, but this is more of a management company/owner issue, so I won't comment.

The resort grounds are lovely and well-kept. There's a restaurant right on site, Duke's (which is part of a chain, we have a few here in CA), and the waitresses will come around and take drink/food orders at the pool, which was really nice. Live music is playing almost constantly at Duke's as well. Drinks are great. Food is good but not life-changing.

The pool at Hanua Kai is great-- there are actually four, and at least 4-5 hot tubs. An adult pool area, a "regular" round pool, a waterfall & waterslide pool, and a "lazy river." My family spent a lot of time here so I'll describe a little more. The "laze river" is in quotes because it does NOT go all the way around (why didn't they just add the extra 10 feet of river instead of making you get out??), nor is it powered by an sort of "flow" like a real lazy river is (which would have been SUCH a nice touch). Still, it is really fun to hop in a float tube and drift around (with the power of your own legs). We brought our own floats but they sell them there at a reasonable price and I highly recommend buying them -- use them in the ocean, too, it's awesome. The waterslide is a nice length for a hotel pool and my son (and myself) had fun going on it a lot. The waterfalls were cool, with a cave underneath, but there was no place to sit and relax in the "cave", so that was a little lame. All in all, these pool areas kept us entertained for many, many hours. Also, we never had a problem finding chairs, even four in a row. No one is obsessively reserving chairs all day here like they do often at resorts, and I really appreciated that.

The ocean was great. The beach is nice (sand is thicker and rougher here but that's just the texture of this section of ocean). There is a nice, calm "bay" area about 100 feet south of the hotel's front. We floated in our tubes for hours out here. I tried snorkeling; it was pretty lame and often the water wasn't very clear, anyhow. Better off getting in the car and heading north or south to more well-known snorkeling areas.

The resort also has a couple of stores that stock any snack or light food item you might need, as well as gifts. Our few interactions with people who worked there were delightful. Underground parking was easy.

Across the street from the back entrance of the resort is a dirt patch where 5-7 food trucks are, daily. This was a late find and a great one -- there is a Thai place that is TO DIE FOR here. Everything was delicious and the passionfruit juice for $3 was the best thing I had on the island. Get lunch here, you won't regret it. Also across the street is a very nice, fully stocked grocery store -- no need to head into the bigger town like we did. The grocery store is in a long strip mall of several restaurants and stores. The location of Hanua Kai was awesome. I would totally go back!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
10  Thank JarJar319
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I believe many of the rooms are independently owned so room conditions might vary. Our room was very clean and new. The entire resort seems very new and well kept. All rooms have a balcony and ocean view from what I could see.

There is a great beach directly between the ocean and the resort. We found rocks and coral not far off the sandy beach so we saw a lot of fish and even turtles snorkeling there. They have a gym but we preferred a nice run down the boardwalk along the beach each morning.

There were several other beaches we visited a short drive north and south of the resort plus a few places for scenic hikes. The best hiking we found was on the road to Hana. Best snorkeling was Slaughterhouse beach.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple