“Fun atmosphere, great food”
Review of Monkeypod

Monkeypod
Ranked #59 of 288 Restaurants in Lahaina
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We came here 2x during our 5 day stay on Kaanapali. I ordered the special both times (Snapper and green beans with lobster beurre blanc sauce - delicious. My son loved the fish and chips. Peter Merriman is the chef/restauranteur - also owns the Hulu Grill next door. Both great and family friendly.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My family (husband, 12 and 14 year old boys and myself) had dinner here. My husband and I had the fish tempura style. It was fresh, not too thick and cooked perfectly. My 14 year old had the gnocchi. He said that the flavor was delicious but still felt hungry after. My twelve year old had the filet steak special. It came with a Thai-style peanut sauce and Brussels sprouts. He absolutely loved everything about his. My husband and I had the famous Mai Tais. They were good, but very strong. This restaurant was definitely one of our favorites and would highly recommend it. Advice is to get reservations. It’s busy.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Lots of nearby restaurants and everything is crowded....this place had only a 20 min wait so that was our deciding factor for our family dinner of four. After ordering, waitress told us the flatbread pizzas ordered by 2 of us may come out before our other 2 meals. Okay, not great, but okay we can deal with that. Well, out came the pizzas and we waited at least 15 min for the other 2 meals...and then when they came out they were cold! Seriously? I couldn't eat the cold fish tacos but son was so hungry at that point he ate his cold hamburger. i informed the waitress and she apologized several times, talked to her manager and took both meals off our bill. So overall it wasn't a great experience but the selection of draft beers is decent.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stopped for a cocktail - you need to try the Mai Tai's here, they have a deserved reputation. We liked it so much we booked in for dinner a few nights later. We had a great meal here - with more Mai Tai's and watched the sun set over the ocean. What a great evening. Again - try the Mai Tai's.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We couldn’t have been happier to see Monkey pod arrive in whalers village!! We ate there four times. Get the noodle soup. The pizzas can be customized. The pies are amazing. And we loved sitting outside. Can and will be super busy. Arrange reservations to make your life easier. Request an outdoor table. Have a cocktail and enjoy. We sure did

Been to Monkeypod? Share your experiences!