“Counter service with excellent fresh fish!”
Review of Fish Market Maui

Fish Market Maui
Ranked #23 of 288 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$9 - US$13
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We visited Fish Market Maui while on vacation and were blown away! The food was so good; we came back two more times. My son ordered the fish and chips. The seasonal fish was Ono. He loved it with lemon and the tartar sauce, which had a zing. I ordered two Baja tacos and the macaroni salad, both were amazing. There is not much seating so you might have to plan to take it with you. Also, there was always a line to order! They also sell fish and seafood to take home to prepare, but we did not try it. Fish Market quickly became one of our favorite places to eat in Maui, which says a lot because Maui has excellent food in general!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 356)

40 - 44 of 1 356 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018

It is expensive, but everything is on Maui and this is very good and fresh. I usually get one meals worth of fish and bbq it at the hotel. It is amazing and again, so fresh usually caught that day.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The Fish Market is one of our go-to places on island. It started out long ago as just a place for super fresh fish, poke made to order, ready-to-cook crab cakes and chowder/bisques. Then awhile back it expanded to include cooked food as well.

Their fish has usually been caught that morning, I believe. The staff is knowledgeable and will give you suggestions on how to grill the fish at your condo if they ask. They also have marinades you can buy for the fish as well. I absolutely love their crab cakes, which I take to the condo and heat up on the cooktop. My husband always orders the poke, which they make while you wait. When we were in the market this last trip, someone said their ceviche was to die for, but I have never tried it myself.

As for their ready-made food counter, we have found many things to be very good. My family has enjoyed the shrimp burrito, the crab cake plate, the seared ahi steak sandwich, the shrimp BLT. I don't we have ever had anything we didn't like and we have been eating there for 15 years. Everything is expensive in Maui, but sometimes I think their prices are a little on the high side. But the food tastes great. I guess you get what you pay for.

They have limited space to eat and a few tables outside that overlook the strip mall parking lot, but the food makes up for the lack of ambience. We usually take it to go. Parking in the lot can be a challenge as well. They also can be crowded, so be prepared to wait a little or go mid-afternoon when it is less busy to pick up your fish to grill that night.

1  Thank UCLABruin84-87
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Our first night in Maui we decided to grill fish. The market was down the road from our resort. We got some fresh Ona and some ceviche. The One was easy to cook, tender and delicious.

The next day we came by and had lunch here. The fish plate was delicious. My wife enjoyed the fish tacos. Fresh food and great service. Definitely recommend you give them a try.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My husband and I decided to have lunch today at the FISH MARKET MAUI. We went at 1:00 which is a very, very busy time. The only seats available were the stools. But, we decided to “suffer”! We ordered one Shrimp Burito and one Fish of the Day Burito ( which turned out to be ONO). We shared our orders so that each of us had a half of the Shrimp Burito and a half of the Ono Burito. Each one was YUM! Could not decide if we liked one better than the other because both of them were different. And what made our choices even “more betta” was that the Burito wrapper was light, flavorful and held the stuffings inside instead of gushing out! As I have just said YUM!

One thing I do want to comment about was the price of their fresh fish because beside being a fish restaurant it is also a fish market. Coming from Oahu, we are very familiar with the price of fresh fish. We were amazed to see that mahi-mahi was selling for $30 a pound and Monchong was selling for $29. We buy fresh Mahi for $10-12 and Monchong for $8-11.

Been to Fish Market Maui? Share your experiences!