“Loved it and we'll be back--not soon enough, of...”
View sitting in our Honu Place Lanai
Keawakapu Beach: just a 4 minute walk from Honu Place, and you can walk for miles and miles! Keawakapu Beach, across the street: perfect for swimming and snorkeling
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View sitting in our Honu Place Lanai
Keawakapu Beach, across the street: perfect for swimming and snorkeling
Sunset view from Lanai at Honuplace
Sunshade at Honu Place, great for the time of year the sun shines right in.
Sunset on the Lanai
Panoramic shot of our lawn on the
Kitchen looking towards DR and LR
Masterbedroom
Masterbedroom
Office/Guest room, Murphy bed closed
Office/Guest room, Murphy bed open
Kitchen window and door give cross-breeze
Double shower
Sink and Vanity in half bathroom
Lanai looking inside
Outside of building at the lawn
Paddle boards and other rentals are across the street
Gecko in flower arrangement
Mana Kai Bar, for 1/2 price PuPu's
Honu (Green Sea Turtle) at Keawakapu Beach
Honu (turtle) chair in unit
Sunset Keawakapu Beach
Sunset at the Mani Kai, a 4 minute walk.
Sunset from the Lanai
Owners Susie and Rick
This is our other unit,Annie's Place, right next door and almost identical!Google Hounplace to find.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
distincti...
Portola Valley, California
“Loved it and we'll be back--not soon enough, of course”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

We had a fantastic stay at Honuplace condo. This home, and it feels more like a home than a typical vacation condo rental, exceeded our expectations. As a cook who likes to cook on vacation, I was very pleased with the kitchen and astounded at Susan's organizational wizardry. Clearly Susan headed the kitchen design in the remodel so that it would be set up for every need in exactly the place you'd want it. I know this sounds crazy, but I swooned and swooned over the silly container drawer. Not only did I constantly use those containers (glass with the snap lids and lightweight plastic with snap lids in every imaginal size) for packing lunches to hike in Haleakala and dine while watching the sunset on the beach (with her beach chairs), but the organization of that drawer symbolized how well-managed stuff adds to one's sense of ease.

My sister stayed with us for part of our trip, and I loved the privacy we felt with the bathrooms separating the bedrooms from each other.

I was glad we got the air conditioning; it was the hottest I've ever experienced it on Maui.

The only improvement I'd suggest (ha!) is to have a list of amenities Susan provides so that you don't have to bother packing or buying things. I unnecessarily squeezed our French press into our carry-on (no checked) luggage, but Susan has both a French press and drip coffee maker. I returned the laundry detergent I bought in Maui after I discovered it comes with the condo. On day 8, I was still discovering unexpected things--cotton swabs and cotton balls. Probably the most valuable amenity that I wasn't sure whether or not she'd have was the beach umbrella that we used nearly every day.

Susan was a joy to work with! She responded quickly and was enthusiastic and reassuring (she was right--we did love it). During our stay, we broke the handle on the sliding glass door (yikes! how did that happen?), and Susan was relaxed and told us not to worry. Wow!

I've been to Maui many times, but I have never had a Honu bump into me while I was bodysurfing (and it happened on nearby Keawakapu Beach). We'll be back for more magic. Thank you, Susan!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Staying in the most well thought out, well organized home I've known
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Rhonda S
Plano, United States
“Beautiful condo!”
Reviewed 31 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

This is an absolutely beautiful property, and the amount of thought and care that Susie has put into the condo is amazing. Fabulous kitchen with pretty much everything you could ever need in it, great bedroom, very comfortable bed, and the patio/view is gorgeous. Very comfortable for relaxing, it was unusually hot during our stay so we used the AC in the master bedroom at night. But in the evenings and mornings we opened up the double screen door on the patio and the front door and the trade winds cooled it right down. Beautiful beaches across the street where we snorkeled and saw turtles, rays and a ton of other beautiful fish. Will definitely recommend this condo to anyone wanting to relax on Maui!

deborah c
El Sobrante, California
“Not your typical vacation rental !!”
Reviewed 3 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

Staying at Honu Place is really like housesitting....This is someone's home and they have put great thought into comfort. The kitchen is a joy to cook in with all appliances and cookware top notch. The beds are very comfortable, as is the living room furniture. The condo building has great cross-breezes so air conditioning is not needed. It is wonderful to rest at night and not listen to everyone's noisy air conditioners! In May I had the bonus of ripe mangoes dropping off the tree overnight, just in time for breakfast!

Travelling group: Friends
Management Response
3 Jun 2015
Thank you so much, and Housing is just what I think of, and I hope everyone takes care of the house as if they were housesitting. Thanks for the lovely review. And looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Jeanine R
Seattle, Washington
“Perfectly lovely”
Reviewed 15 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed for a week of much needed relaxation. This is the first time we've stayed here and hope that it will not be our last. Over the last several years we've been to Maui a few times - but this is the first time we had a comfortable bed. Divinely comfortable! When I go on vacation I want to sleep well, and here we did. Thank You!
The kitchen is near perfection and we cooked most our meals. The location is ideal, not too touristy, but not far from anything. I loved being on the ground floor with the lanai and the huge sliding door that let the sea breeze and the view in. Ceiling fans throughout made a perfect breeze when a natural one wasn't available.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
15 May 2015
Mahalo!!!!!! Please do visit us again,!!
virginia...
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed 18 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014

Fantastico! That’s how we decided to sum up our experience at this lovely two-bedroom condo. Located at the juncture of Wailea (to the south) and Kihei (to the north), it is perfectly situated for long walks in either direction. The closest beach—a two to three minute walk from the condo—is one of the best and least crowded in the area. The condo itself is very comfortable, immaculately clean, has good quality furniture (incuding good beds!), and a very well equipped kitchen. The owner was a pleasure to deal with, as were the people on-site. We are looking forward to going back!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$159
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing