All reviews clean hotel an older hotel kahului airport convenient location the aloha spirit road to hana convenience gazebo haleakala
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed three nights at the hotel. The room was small with a bed, a desk and a chair. The air conditioning was very noisy with insufficient capacity. I also shut of the refrigerator due to the noise. The bed was comfortable but a bit to hard for my taste. The same for the pillows.

The name of the hotel is a bit misleading. There is a small beach close to the hotel but that little strip is between a road and an industrial area. I would never think anybody would attend this beach. The hotel is really situated in a mall area.

One thing that disturbed me was the mandatory amenity fee of $15 per day for DVD, newspaper, coffee in room, room safe, WiFi and a lousy fitness room. Included was also the airport shuttle, a distance of 2 miles. Those things are included at most hotels all over the world. The only things I utilised for $45 plus tax was the WiFi and the safe.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I booked the Maui Beach Hotel on line with Expedia, it looked like a relatively good deal for $160 for the night before we left Maui to fly out to The Big Island the next day. When we arrived to check in, I was told that there was also a resort fee of $20 and that if we added a 3rd person, it would be an extra $60. I questioned the "resort" fee (this is NOT a resort) and so told it was for wifi, parking, and shuttle service. She took off $5 since we were leaving to turn in our rental car and wouldn't have one parked in their lot. We had 2 double beds and I surely wan't going to pay an additional $60 for another person....WTH??? They have just 2 luggage carriers so grab one quickly! If you plan on booking this hotel, don't look at their professionally done photo's....look at what hotels guests are posting as they show the real hotel. The room itself (2nd floor) was very small with 2 dbl beds and a small bathroom but thank goodness, the bed was comfortable and the shower did provide hot water. The hotel is very dated and it's apparent that they don't do alot to deep clean the hallways, stairwells, etc. There is a an outdoor pool next to the large restaurant. We were there with a wedding going on and they had the reception in part of the restaurant right next to all the screaming kids in the pool. Ouch....nasty! The coffee (that we had to wait a long time for in the lobby) was NASTY! I am not sure if they waived one or two beans over the water. The one highlight of hotel were the two shuttle drivers. One was Ray but can't remember the other guys name....they were both awesome! Again, they are the only standouts at the hotel. This hotel is or should be a one night stand place. You will get a customer to book one time but I doubt you will ever get people to be repeat customers.

Room Tip: Find another hotel if staying more than one night
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The outside of the hotel was definitely dated. The room however was comfortable and well appointed. We had a room with a balcony and an ocean view. We were here during Hurricane Lane and although the hotel kept information in the lobby about the status of the storm, I felt like they could have done more for guests like myself and my husband who got delayed a day and had to add an extra night. The extra night was at full cost.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is good for sleeping and spending few hours during the day. It's not bad, but nothing special. Staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The AC works fine. I recommend this hotel just for taking a shower and sleeping, it's close to the airport. They offer a breakfast but we didn't go. They have a pool and parking is free.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night because it was close to the airport and our flight was late arriving. The hotel is very dated and it gives you an appearance when you are walking down the hallway to your room that you could be in a hospital! the room was also very sterile and noisy from the road just outside our room. We had to park far from where the room was and there were questionable people hanging out in the parking area. The only thing positive I can say about this hotel was it’s closeness to the airport. Otherwise stay somewhere else

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple