“Disappointed honeymooners”

Air Maui Helicopter Tours
Ranked #7 of 37 Tours in Kahului
More attraction details
Owner description: The Air Maui Experience begins long before you board a helicopter. When you first step into our terminal at the Kahului Heliport you know you're among friends. Our welcoming and professional staff greet every passenger and personally assist with check-in. As your flight is prepared, relax in our comfortable terminal or browse through our retail shop, which features genuine Air Maui clothing and souvenirs. Our pilots are experienced professionals with thousands of hours of flight time and are trained to the high demanding standards of owner Steve Egger. Being the best is just the first step; our pilots must also excel at being your personal guide, entertaining and informing you about Maui's history, geology, flora and fauna as you soar above fantastic landscapes. In aviation, quality and safety are paramount. At Air Maui, the proof is in our record: over 20 years of perfect safety. That's not luck - it's the combined commitment of professional pilots and top-notch aircraft maintenance.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Let me just start by saying that the helicopter ride was something we looked forward to our entire honeymoon and sadly we were very disappointed . I wish when we booked online I would have known that we would have been packed in with another family . Your adds should really specifiy that there is other people with you and your view may be less than ideal if you are forced to sit in the back middles seats like we were .

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Air_Maui_Helicopters, CEO at Air Maui Helicopter Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

I am so sorry you both left so disappointed in the tour- something you had looked forward to on your honeymoon. I apologize if it wasn't clear at booking (not sure which website you were on) but for every flight we do hold up to 6 passengers plus the pilot. On our direct website we do have a seating diagram showing the arrangement. Unless you purchase all 6 seats as a private you will be flying with up to 6 passengers on all our flights. For every two passengers we do guarantee that one of you will have a window (every couple has one window and one inside seat) so you can take photos and the pilots do try their very best to make a lot of turns and hover so each side has the opportunity to take photos and have great views. My assumption is that one of you had a window seat but if that was not the case please contact us at letsfly@airmaui.com and I can look further into this flight manifest.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 770)
All reviews
"bucket list"
in 36 reviews

218 - 222 of 2 851 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I'm not a huge fan of flying, but have always wanted to go in a helicopter. This was soooo awesome. I didn't feel sick like I do in a normal airplane and the views and experience were indescribable. The cost is 100% worth it!!! My husband and I took our 17 year old son along and we all were totally into it!! Captain Kirk was the best! Bad jokes and good info and expert pilot.:0)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you! Kirk like you said is an excellent fun pilot- jokes and all! I will be sure to let him know how much you enjoyed his flight and how he helped calm your nerves about flying. Aloha~

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had an excellent flight, fantastic views and music throughout the flight. The pilot was very good, enjoyable ride and occasionally he would point out interesting landmarks. *****

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of our Oceanfront landing flight and for choosing to fly with us!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great tour! The captain was great. My husband said this is the best thing he has ever done and can't wait to go again. I was worried I would be scared of the heights but it was a smooth ride!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

I am so happy to hear you both had such a wonderful time flying our Complete Island tour! Looks like we might be seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Maui... Aloha~