“Great local place for breakfast”
Review of Jacks Inn

Jacks Inn
Ranked #29 of 158 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We really enjoyed Jacks Inn because it was more of a locals spot than a tourist restaurant or destination. We went for breakfast and it felt like you were visiting someone's house and they had you come in for a hot meal. The inside isn't the cleanest, and they aren't trying to impress with ambience, but I think that adds to the local diner appeal. The food was hot and good and I would recommend.

Tip: They ONLY take cash!

Reviewed 19 May 2018

The food was excellent and reasonably priced (for Maui), but the restaurant is filthy. Not sure how they have gotten by with health inspections. The bathroom was disgusting.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

It was hard to get past the condition of the place to consider the food. The booths were filthy, the salt and pepper shakers were gunked with who knows what, the windows were filthy. My egg was okay, my muffin was burned, and my coffe was okay. I can not recommend a place where the owners and managers care so little about the cleanliness. I can’t imagine what the bathrooms and kitchen look like.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

This is the third year in a row that we dropped by on the way home. I have to say that the pancakes are great. However, the grilled ham was partly burned and covered in grease. Again there are mostly locals which is usually a good sign. The place is not all that clean. Washrooms, like most of the restaurant is old and decrepit. Even a paint job would make it better. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Found this small diner through Trip Advisor. So glad we did. It may not be anything to look at and rather run down and unkept but the food we had was so good. I had the wonton noodles and my husband had the pork homestyle meal with fried rice. Both were absolutely delicious! For both those meals and 2 sodas our bill was only $22! It’s a place locals go to and once you taste the food, you will know why. Great food, friendly service and small-town feel.