Reviews (1 407)
1 407 results
All reviews sea ranch cottage infinity pool golf cart horseback riding hot tub steam room four seasons yoga classes hotel restaurant no tipping policy tennis courts the cottages our honeymoon spa services hotel grounds the hotel offers garden view
241 - 246 of 1 407 reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2017

After doing the Road to Hana we decided to stop for a bite to eat and a few beverages before making our return trip to the ship. We have dined in some very fine restaurants all around the world, but this I would not call fine dining. I would call this out in the middle of no where, so they can pretty much charge what they want. I found it ridiculous to charge $16.00 for regular Mac n Cheese and $22.00 for Flatbread. The Mimosa's were $11.00 each and the funny thing is the Coors Light was $5.00 each which was rather cheap. I would not recommend this place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2017

Excellent choose Piece of paradise. Sorry that we did not have more time to enjoy all the activities and pleasures that this resort has to offer The staff are friendly and helpful and the next time in Maui we plan to spend here several days

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I would strongly recommend that if you choose to stay at this resort, reserve an oceanfront bungalow and avoid the restaurants...the food was fair, even poor, but the service was horrendous, as if we, as patrons, were an inconvenience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank PeterERork
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Full disclosure: My husband and I live in New York. We prefer to have local experiences when we travel, and will never be found at an all inclusive resort monstrosity on any beach, anywhere. Travaasa was not our kind of place. However, when an AirBnb went bad, and we planned to stay in Hana for 3 nights, Travaasa took us in and treated us very well. The only complaint I have is of the price. We paid $500 for a garden room, and it was lovely, but had no air conditioning and we got no breeze from the sea. If we had wanted to shell out $750 a night, I'm sure the rooms got more air.
The things that were worth the price were the beautiful grounds, the absence of bugs, the quality of the rooms and the resort (pool is great!), and the friendly, impeccable service. Seriously, the people who work here are wonderful. They anticipate your needs well and are the friendliest individuals. They took us in and pampered us when we needed it. While we did not participate in any of the activities, we did enjoy the pool and the coastal walk and red sand beach nearby. Also, the quiet. It's so nice and quiet here.
We also loved the restaurant and weren't disappointed in a single thing we ate or drank. High quality food, inventive and although pricey, we thought it was on par with everywhere else on Maui. I would recommend Travaasa to anyone, especially families.
Another tip-stay in Hana if going to Maui. It's a magic little town with so much exploring to do.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank dandunn
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

My wife and I went to Maui for 7 nights at the Marriott Ocean Club which is on Kanapalli Beach and a great place to stay. This was our second trip to the Marriott, but we did not visit Hana, so we decided to add 4 nights at Travassa Hana. We chose the Sea Ranch cottage, which is like having your own house on the ocean. It is expensive at about $600 per night, but you only live once. We could see whales from the front porch, hear the waves crashing , watch fishing boats. We saw 3 turtles on the first day. Hana is an old sugar plantation town, until a surname wiped out the sugar industry. Now it is a tourist town, but not like Kanapalli beach. The place is laid back and peaceful. It takes about 4 hours to get there from the airport due to stops that you will make at scenic waterfalls and other scenic views along a windy 60 mile trip through the mountains. Travassa has an excellent restaurant for dining. There are other places to eat, but they are established food trailers and are good. Close by are several beautiful beaches: red sand beach, black sand beach, Hamoa white sand beach. Snorkeling is good at the black sand beach area and Hana bay beach. The rooms at Travassa are not air conditioned, but the sea breeze is continuos. Activities that my wife and I did were: Hana bay canoeing with guides, this was my #1 activity, black beach state park, very scenic, Hamoa beach, hike to red sand beach, 15 minute walk, and Hana Gold chocolate farm tour, a must do. I also bought fresh fruit for snacks at a local fruit stand 5 minutes away. The seven pools adventure is popular as well as a ride to the dormant volcano . If you want to relax, go to Travassa. 4 days is like 7 days here. The people at the Hotel are friendly and welcome you like family. Great place, I want to live there.

Trip type: Travelled with family