Review Highlights
Sweet spot for families

This was such a lovely spot, made me wish I had my grandchildren with us to enjoy these calm... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
scasey86
Grapevine, Texas
via mobile
Don't Let the Mud Dissuade You - Worth It!

In short: definitely worth doing if you can deal with hassle of parking and (probably) mud. I live... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$169,61
from US$152,08
Reviews (1 332)
1 332 results
All reviews be careful low tide flip flops on the rocks sea turtles winter months short hike high surf common sense rogue waves large waves residential area warning signs easy hike waves come tree roots beautiful spot
59 - 64 of 1 332 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

First it needs to be point out the path to Queen’s Bath is an adventure in itself and if you don’t care about how you look afterward, you could enjoy it !

I’ve seen a dozen footages about this place. Every of them looked unbeliveable.
And indeed, it is so.
One of the best spots on Kauai in my opinion! And believe me, it wasn’t easy to choose it among such a big competitors on this mind blowing island!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

There is a small parking lot by the trail head but it was packed when we went on a Thursday morning. You can pay $15 to park at the nearby golf course (about .25 mile walk to trail head). We were frustrated with this but it was definitely worth it! This was the best thing we did on the island! After you hike down the trail (muddy and messy, but not difficult), you will arrive at the ocean and see waterfalls, pools, cliff jumping, turtles (SOO many turtles!) and potentially lots of people. My husband and I walked past the cliff jumping area and past the actual Queen's Bath and found our own private bath! We watched the waves first to make sure it wasn't going to be too dangerous and it wasn't at all. Absolutely STUNNING views and I can't say enough good things. Besides parking, my only tip would be: INVEST IN CHACOS OR TEVAS FOR THIS ADVENTURE! There is both hiking and swimming and you will want to keep shoes on in the water! Definitely make this adventure a priority!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Located in a rich residential area, parking is very limited. I arrived at 4pm and the parking was full, you have to wait in line until someone leaves. My partner and I made friends with the locals there and we were lucky that they offered to park on their property. Be prepared to be super muddy, from head to toe, its very slippery too so wear proper shoes, some people wore sandals and they struggled. Some people even just did it bare feet but I recommend wearing something comfy and not afraid to get down and dirty in your shoes. If you find a good walking stick TAKE IT! VERY USEFUL TO HAVE. When you reach queens bath, it is such a beautiful outlook to the water. Sea turtles are swimming everywhere! People were cliff jumping too but be careful of the current, there was a big sign "do at your own judgement" I was standing near the rocks and the current also reached up to me, and almost washed me away, so be careful! The sunset is amazing to see in this location too. Wear bathers also, its great to swim in the rockpools, just watch out for crabs.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I live on punahele road up the street from the trail and believe me when I tell you that queens bath has THE most rescues and deaths of any other location on kauai.
It is no joke.
There are NO BATHROOMS and NO trash cans so please take out all your trash.
It is not for very young children or older folks.
Hundreds of people are going to queens bath every day......I watch them walk by all day long.
Please listen to the locals when they tell you how dangerous this place is.

7  Thank Jeni P
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We visit the Queen’s Bath every time we’re in Princeville and it’s different each time. We walk so parking is not a problem as you read in other reviews and the initial part of the trail which is the steepest can be interesting especially if it was raining. Would recommend water shoes or tennis shoes you don’t mind getting muddy and no flip flops as it is all lava you’ll be walking on after the initial part down. Otherwise, it is a beautiful place to view or swim depending on water conditions Turtles are usually around. Like the Spouting Horn in Poipu one of those iconic places to visit

1  Thank lloydo101