12 people are viewing this hotel
US$689
Free cancellation until 21/09/19
US$358
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Reviews (2 808)
2 808 results
1 002
1 002
All reviews rum fire ocean wing ocean front lava restaurant the link garden view the main hotel oceanfront room poipu beach kauai resort pool area starbucks coffee great beach per day self parking late checkout rental car
Selected filters
10 - 15 of 2 808 reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2021

Super small units and no services. Misrepresented property as Hotel and is just a timeshare. There are no services outside of a Concierge, who is a sales person for the timeshare.
Units almost too small to be livable. Awful place. But extremely expensive. Needed to get much more expensive unit as one booked was not adequate for three people and really more than one would be a problem. Worst room ever! Had a feeling of "Bait and Switch"

Room tip: Do not stay at this property. Scam!
Date of stay: July 2021
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Aloha Ed, thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry to hear you were not pleased with your stay. We have several room configurations available, up to 2- Bedroom villas and we provide exactly what is booked. As a vacation ownership resort, we are unable to modify your booking. We are sorry you did not enjoy our resort and do hope you enjoyed the beautiful area and appreciate you giving us a try. Mahalo.

Reviewed 13 July 2021

We had a beautiful room overlooking the ocean located nicely near Poipu Beach and charming Old Koloa town. The restaurant near the pool, Lava’s, is an excellent spot for breakfast or lunch, and walking up to the bar will get you much quicker service than using the flags. Self-parking was very convenient right next to the resort and was a good launching point to the rest of the island. It was frustrating that we had to wait about 90 minutes after check-in for our room to be ready, and COVID restrictions meant that we couldn’t enjoy RumFire (the resort’s main restaurant). The resort activities also stopped at 5PM, so if you’re looking for nightlife, this isn’t the place for you. Overall this was a great spot for us to enjoy our honeymoon.

1  Thank maxmaybury0509
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2021

Thank you for celebrating your Honeymoon with us. We are glad you enjoyed your beautiful room and our Lava’s restaurant. We hope to have you back for another magnificent stay, soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2021

Having been to all of the popular islands, in total more than 20 times, my family and I returned to Kauai. We are owners in Maui at the Westin.

As our home property was booked we opted to try this location. The staff, location, swimmable beach and Lavas restaurant were all excellent. That said, I experienced two issues that I felt others might want to be aware of. See the photos. I don’t know about you but when on vacation I need to sleep well, am sensitive to light and like it cold. While the master was perfect, the second smaller room was hot and had an absurd design trait.

The pictures show the glow of light that emits 24/7 into this room. This is caused by an almost identical sized frosted window in the bathroom. Outside the frosted bathroom window is a safety light that is on 24/7. As you can see, on day 4 i was exasperated and the staff reacted with the suggested solution which resolved the light issue during my stay.

The second is was the kitchen/counter area. Very small and difficult to prepare any meal.

Hope this review is of value.

Trip type: Travelled with family
John Swanson, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2021

Mahalo for choosing Sheraton Kauai Resort and for taking the time to review your stay. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. Your comments have been shared with our team as we continually review opportunities for improvement. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 July 2021

We stayed here after our initial stay at the Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort. Overall, the room is clean and the property is located on the beautiful beach. For us, I prefer the Coconut Beach Resort property better and below are our perspectives:

Location: The Coconut location is more central with easy access to local restaurants (mom's and pops).
Beach: Sheraton Kauai Resort location's beach is swimmable while the Coconut Beach resort is not so much
Breakfast: Coconut location breakfast has more Hawaiian options and with local ingredients while the Kauai Resort is Lava's restaurant serves standard breakfast, nothing special.
Property: Kauai Resort appears to be much larger, more rooms, people, etc. than the Coconut location.
Room: Unsure why, the A/C in the room is ridiculously loud when it runs. I woke up every time it kicks in.

Overall, for us, this is a nice hotel while the Coconut location is a better choice for us.

2  Thank Phyrebird

Reviewed 25 June 2021

I came to this hotel on June from New Jersey and I was very surprised that there is only one restaurant open with the same menu for a week.
One morning, I did yoga until 9:30 and we missed breakfast time so we had to wait until 10:30 to eat something.
To have dinner you need to make a reservation. Really!!
If you don’t have a reservation just wait until 8:45 pm (as the host put it).
Also, go to this resort for the view, but don’t expect the bare minimum such as room service. I told them to at least offer the menu at the room - in case we need to pick up our own food.

I’d be fine if I was aware about all this but unfortunately I was learning as the days went by.

Regarding activities make sure to book ahead of time because everything is booked for the next six weeks.

I will never come back to this awful experience.
I attached the menu just in case you need it.

Good luck!!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
John Swanson, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021