Lowest prices for your stay
US$896
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
US$919
Free cancellation until 21/09/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
Reviews (2 810)
2 810 results
1 003
1 003
All reviews rum fire ocean wing ocean front lava restaurant the link garden view the main hotel oceanfront room poipu beach kauai resort pool area starbucks coffee great beach per day self parking late checkout rental car
Selected filters
14 - 19 of 2 810 reviews
Reviewed 6 July 2021

Having been to all of the popular islands, in total more than 20 times, my family and I returned to Kauai. We are owners in Maui at the Westin.

As our home property was booked we opted to try this location. The staff, location, swimmable beach and Lavas restaurant were all excellent. That said, I experienced two issues that I felt others might want to be aware of. See the photos. I don’t know about you but when on vacation I need to sleep well, am sensitive to light and like it cold. While the master was perfect, the second smaller room was hot and had an absurd design trait.

The pictures show the glow of light that emits 24/7 into this room. This is caused by an almost identical sized frosted window in the bathroom. Outside the frosted bathroom window is a safety light that is on 24/7. As you can see, on day 4 i was exasperated and the staff reacted with the suggested solution which resolved the light issue during my stay.

The second is was the kitchen/counter area. Very small and difficult to prepare any meal.

Hope this review is of value.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
John Swanson, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2021

Mahalo for choosing Sheraton Kauai Resort and for taking the time to review your stay. We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. Your comments have been shared with our team as we continually review opportunities for improvement. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 July 2021

We stayed here after our initial stay at the Sheraton Kauai Coconut Beach Resort. Overall, the room is clean and the property is located on the beautiful beach. For us, I prefer the Coconut Beach Resort property better and below are our perspectives:

Location: The Coconut location is more central with easy access to local restaurants (mom's and pops).
Beach: Sheraton Kauai Resort location's beach is swimmable while the Coconut Beach resort is not so much
Breakfast: Coconut location breakfast has more Hawaiian options and with local ingredients while the Kauai Resort is Lava's restaurant serves standard breakfast, nothing special.
Property: Kauai Resort appears to be much larger, more rooms, people, etc. than the Coconut location.
Room: Unsure why, the A/C in the room is ridiculously loud when it runs. I woke up every time it kicks in.

Overall, for us, this is a nice hotel while the Coconut location is a better choice for us.

Date of stay: July 2021
3  Thank Phyrebird

Reviewed 25 June 2021

I came to this hotel on June from New Jersey and I was very surprised that there is only one restaurant open with the same menu for a week.
One morning, I did yoga until 9:30 and we missed breakfast time so we had to wait until 10:30 to eat something.
To have dinner you need to make a reservation. Really!!
If you don’t have a reservation just wait until 8:45 pm (as the host put it).
Also, go to this resort for the view, but don’t expect the bare minimum such as room service. I told them to at least offer the menu at the room - in case we need to pick up our own food.

I’d be fine if I was aware about all this but unfortunately I was learning as the days went by.

Regarding activities make sure to book ahead of time because everything is booked for the next six weeks.

I will never come back to this awful experience.
I attached the menu just in case you need it.

Good luck!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
John Swanson, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2021

Reviewed 24 June 2021 via mobile

The property location is absolutely spectacular!
The beach is amazing and the grounds are quite nice
We could only reserve a villa when we tried since all other rooms were filled
If you get an ocean view room I am sure it’s amazing. Our suite was functional and clean but nothing to write home about. Pools were nice too.

The main reason I haven’t rated it high was the service….the staff was continuously misdirecting us .
The pool service was supposed to be till 4:00 pm but our server just randomly informed us when we were ordering at 3:30 she was at full capacity and cannot serve us…..
We tried to reserve activities early during our stay and we were told we just needed to show up and no reservations for activities was needed but when we showed up we were told they were sold out
The check-in was a huge ordeal with a trainee who was trying his best but was being berated by an ‘experienced’ trainer while he was trying to help us
The unprofessional service and only one restaurant in the property with not so great food did not leave a great impression but as I mentioned before the location, beach and grounds were really great. It’s definitely worth staying here if you get an ocean view

1  Thank rosh_sang

Reviewed 18 June 2021 via mobile

We have absolutely enjoyed our time here at the Sheraton. The beach is beautiful, the pool is lovely, and most important —-everything works very well. The staff are attentive and well trained. The rooms are nicely appointed, and the place is clean as a whistle!

We highly recommend this

Trip type: Travelled with family
Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Other at Sheraton Kauai Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Hi Jim, thank you for sharing your excellent feedback about your visit with us! We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and property. We are glad you had a spectacular time. We hope to have you back for another fun-filled stay!