Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$158
Hotels.comUS$153
eDreamsUS$158
FindHotelUS$153
TravelocityUS$153
Trip.comUS$165
All reviews oxtail soup clean bed ac tile walmart
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2020

We had to be out of our hotel at 11 a.m and our flight left at 11:30, too long a day too just hang around. The Tip Top is truly a cinder block motel, nothing fancy, not a lot to do around there, but it was immacuately clean and the staff was very accomodating. There is no safe, no phone, but we had two single beds and a big shower, which is all we needed for our lay over. Walmart is withing walking distance and it's 1 mile from the airport (we got ripped of for the taxi fare unfortunately). The restaurant attached to the motel is excellent and popular with locals for breakfast and supper. I wouldn't spend my entire holiday at the Tip Top but for what we needed it was pefect, a little expensive but it was Christmas after all.

Room tip: if you don't want to haul your suitcases upstairs ask for ground floor. No views or special rooms available.
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank H4846RRmarye
Reviewed 13 December 2019 via mobile

If you want a local experience for a good price this is a great choice. We wanted a nice local restaurant with good food and good service and this filled the bill. I had the Portuguese sausage omelette and it was quite tasty. Overall a wonderful experience. It is connected to the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank larriew2018
Reviewed 6 November 2019 via mobile

I have to admit I was looking for somewhere inexpensive to stay. The bed was hard as well as the pillows. They have AC, but it's a noisy window unit. Even that don't help cover the noise from neighbors and garbage trucks though. The nicest thing about the room was the shower tile. I paid less for a vacation rental on the big island that was much nicer. I wouldn't stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank alicat0818
Reviewed 14 October 2019 via mobile

Rooms fine. Price great. Staff in desk unfriendly and kinda unhelpful. Still fine. Wouldn't let me use wifi (give me code) until I checked into my already payed for room! Silly and unnecessary way to be unhelpful to a customer. Don't ring them to make a booking they will just moan at you and tell you you can't do it on phone.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank eatbeatz
Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

We needed to stay over one night near the airport and selected Tip Top Motel since it was close by and reasonable cost comparatively. They were very helpful by sending an email with instructions on what to do if we were arriving after the 9pm check in time. The room was spacious and clean, no funky smell. I liked that it didn't have carpeting. It would have been nice if the air conditioning unit was turned on before we arrived since the room was very stuffy and hot. It took a few hours to cool the room down. The bathroom looked to be updated with a nice vanity. The shower was small, but functional. The water pressure would drop off and on during the showers. The bed wasn't too bad.. no discernable indentations that you sometimes find in budget motels. If you need a room close to the airport, for one night, this place will fit the bill, as long as you don't have expectations of a luxury resort. Plus there is a decent restaurant on the main floor.

Date of stay: September 2019