Lowest prices for your stay
US$239
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$236
Hotels.com
US$236
FindHotelUS$236
eDreamsUS$239
PricelineUS$239
All reviews continental breakfast fresh fruit the breakfast area tea and coffee plenty of hot water old hawaii older place only stayed one night bbq area beach gear nice pool restaurants and shopping fish pond mountain view resort hotel cruise ship bit dated
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2021 via mobile

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel near the airport as I didn’t want to drive across the island at night. The Kauai Inn was perfect! It is tucked away near the Industrial Docks in front of these beautiful mountains minutes from the airport and right by the main roads that go around the island. The grounds are beautifully maintained with a relaxed feel. The staff is available for any questions which made my stay easy. I throughly enjoyed the chickens and friendly cat that roams the property. If you are looking for a ritzy resort type stay then keep looking but if you want to stay at a hotel that gives you a local feel with super comfy beds, this is the place.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Richard Kemper, General Manager at The Kauai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your visit. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed 12 June 2021

This was an overnight for us prior to going to our VRBO on the North Shore the next day. This is a modest but very comfortable older hotel, quiet and with a beautiful mountain view. It is close to the airport and the cruise port but otherwise a little off the beaten path. However, it is a quick 15-min walk to the nearby shopping/restaurant mall. The staff at the hotel are lovely and went above and beyond to help us through some very tricky logistics. The pool is very nice and it is quite at night. The breakfast served is fairly sparse---carbs and coffee/tea, no protein or juice, so be advised, but we made do. This is a very nice place overall, not flashy but very homey and clean, excellent staff!

Room tip: Some rooms on the first floors have patios if you want that.
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank mlsobg60
Richard Kemper, General Manager at The Kauai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2021

Thank you for taking the the time to let us know how we did. I am so glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 June 2021

This is not the place to stay if you're looking for something swanky. However the Kauai Inn is located about half a mile from shops and restaurants, has fabulous views and an OK pool.

The rooms are fine and the air conditioning does a great job. Breakfast is what Americans think of as food (pastries in plastic wrap) and coffee but it also has a pool. The grounds are nice enough with lots of chickens and roosters.

The manager is very nice and the various cats lounging in and around the motel are delightful.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank ahote
Richard Kemper, General Manager at The Kauai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2021

Thank you for the time you took for your review. I am sorry we did not score better. During the time of Covid we are trying to provide the most variety we can for breakfast while being safe. While we do offer the pastries we also have granola bars, fresh fruit and oatmeal. We hope that you were able to enjoy the coffee and tea bar as well.

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

We flew into Kauai not knowing we needed to take another COVID-19 test (stayed 3 days in Honolulu) and we were given the option to quarantine overnight and fly back the next day to get tested. We needed a place quick for overnight and the people at Kauai Inn could not have been more friendly and helpful! They understood our predicament, genuinely were sympathetic and absolutely bent over backwards to accommodate and assist us in our time of need. Beautiful property owned and operated by some beautiful people! Thank you so much for all your help!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Carl092765
Richard Kemper, General Manager at The Kauai Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

I am so glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Traveling during these times is hard enough, I'm glad we were able to make it a little easier.

Reviewed 22 March 2021

A few weeks ago, my brother needed a room. We called after hours, and Linda was so sweet and helpful. She made sure we knew everything about how things were working now. The next morning, someone started knocking on my brothers door demanding to know why he was in the hotel. While my brother was calling to double check how long he had the room, the guy came back and said it was his fault, and my brother was fine for another day, but he had better be out no later than 11:30am the next day. Over the weekend, we needed another room. We called and were so happy when Linda answered. She made us feel welcome. She even let us stay until 11:35! When you stay here, you will get great little jokes with her like that. I know Linda said she has another job, but you guys need to see if there is a way to keep here there all the time! It's because of her that we will continue to be loyal guest of the Kauai Inn

Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank Sarah M

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are very lucky to have great employees. I am very glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable. I hope you will come and visit again.